Join a technology company dedicated to improving lives through innovative technology solutions. Today, Raven is focused on solving these Great Challenges:
- Feeding a growing population by improving agricultural efficiency around the world
- Protecting our natural resources
- Saving and improving lives through advanced situational awareness
- Connecting the world
Raven is organized into three business units that sell our advanced products and solutions within their niche markets. Our Corporate Services team supports the daily operations and business activities of all three.
- Develop and execute training strategies and programs.
- Determine and lead execution of strategies and tactics for addressing training and development needs.
- Lead and manage the utilization of the Learning Management System. Assist with the support of related systems.
- Guide the identification and incorporation of content to support e-learning tools.
- Lead the development of training materials and content with learner-focused, innovative designs for different learning styles.
- Develop effective training programs. Train and present as applicable. Assist with development of curriculum and instructional design, as appropriate.
- Administer New Team Member Orientation. Continually evolve and refine processes and procedures.
- Identify alternatives to classroom/traditional training, including mentoring programs and practical development opportunities.
- Provide training and development consultation and assistance to division training staff.
- Coach trainers, leadership, and team members on training and development opportunities.
- Assist or drive annual processes within area of support – such as the team member engagement survey, and performance reviews.
- Participate in development and execution of budgets, short-term plans, and long-term plans, policies, procedures, and initiatives.
- Assure adherence to budget for costs associated with team’s activities.
- Keep informed of new developments, methods, and techniques in the training profession.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure proper safety and ergonomics standards and guidelines are met in work area.
- Assure staffing requirements are met.
- Administer annual team member performance reviews, goal setting, and participate in salary planning.
- Maintain records on direct reports in relation to attendance and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, organizational development, human resources management, or related field.
- 5+ years experience in leadership and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated leadership in design, formulation, and/or delivery of training policies and programs.
- Independent self-starter with strong team-building, critical thinking, and relationship skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver training to a large group environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communications, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Business acumen to work with all levels of leadership.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated innovative and creative thinking.
- Proficiency with use of a computer – including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task and have strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to coach and motivate. Possess enthusiasm and positive attitude.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is helpful. Prior experience with e-learning and LMS is a plus.
- Limited travel as needed.
Raven is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.