The Training and Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the training strategy, team member events and internal communications to team members; This position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources.
The incumbent in this position will lead and direct all training functions across the property to ensure appropriate learning opportunities and initiatives are developed and implemented to drive improved performance and organizational results in accordance with organization Mission, Mottos and Values.
The incumbent will assess current system-wide training/development needs and identify suitable training solutions for employees. This position plans and executes all aspects of the engagement program – communication, recognition, rewards, purpose through philanthropy, celebration, and culture. An important part of the role will include partnering with the Functional Business Leaders to develop online or in person training strategies that meet the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for guests and team members, promoting and retaining a highly skilled work force, ensuring that programs are conducted in accordance with corporate standards; consults with management and develops programs contributing to effective organizational development and planning in areas such as management development, team building, management communication, and problem resolution.
In addition, this position will act as an advocate for delivering service across all departments, championing growth of Overall Service Scores. This position is responsible for measuring and leading continuous improvement in the skill, ability, attitudes and service delivery of all team members.
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hotel & Casino their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Responsible for developing programs designed to optimize the Hotel & Casino’s performance and success.
- This role will be responsible for designing and implementing three levels of developmental programming: A core curriculum training for newly hired/promoted Supervisors and above, a team member voluntary developmental program and an executive development program.
- These responsibilities shall include but are not limited to; monitoring the quality and consistency of all property training programs, including on-boarding, department orientation, compliance, supervisory and developmental.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, managing, and optimizing internal Advertising campaigns to boost morale and team member communications.
- Conduct needs assessment to determine training needs, i.e. focus groups, surveys and round table discussions.
- Secures feedback to measure progress and effectiveness of training.
- Manages and oversees the day-to-day Learning & Engagement activities for the property.
- Provides guidance and counsel to managers, supervisors and employees on growth and development issues.
- Champions service delivery across the property; trains and develops property leadership to execute proven service strategies and provides on-going support.
- Responsible for managing the property-wide performance management system, including 60-day checkpoints for New Hires, the annual PAR process, etc.
- Responsible for all Internships.
- Manages the Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Responsible for the performance of the Guest Service Supervisor and the Trainer.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Other duties as assigned.