Qualified, interested candidates must submit an application and a current resume. Submit application and resume at www.readingpa.gov under employment opportunities.
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to:
· Must have extensive knowledge of working with sheet metal, boilers, various HVAC systems, duct work, computerized temperature control systems.
· Ability to dismantle, assemble and test heating and cooling units.
· Keep all equipment within compliance of all applicable standards, policies, and procedures.
· Assist other tradesman with building maintenance tasks.
· May supervise a small group of maintenance workers.
· Duties may involve indoor and outdoor work and exposure to adverse weather conditions.
· Ability to lay out a job or to work with a group of trades workers.
· Ability to operate equipment and tools associated with the HVAC trade.
· Assist in inspections of City owned buildings and properties.
· Must be able to inspect and test various systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications in order to detect and locate system issues and malfunctions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess a Refrigerant Recovery License
- Must possess a Journeyman Mechanical License
- Valid PA driver’s license Class C required
- Minimum of (4) four years experience in the HVAC industry
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.99 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- HVAC: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process