Job Title : Scientist III, Toxicology Assay Development
Requisition ID: 146443BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Fremont, CA/ Clinical Diagnostics Division
How will you make an impact?
Niche Diagnostics within the Clinical Diagnostics Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced professional to join the Research and Development department at Fremont, California.
This is a hands-on bench scientist position. Responsible for providing technical support for our on-market in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) immunoassay products. The ideal candidate shall have excellent hands-on experience in laboratory techniques including formulation of buffers, using laboratory equipment such as pipettes and pH meters, programming and running complex laboratory equipment such as clinical analyzers, designing and executing experiments. Strong documentation skills, demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data to draw conclusions and make recommendations, and strong collaboration, communication and teamwork skills are required.
What will you do?
- Contribute to the technical support/sustaining program for immunoassay products for drug of abuse testing – including product improvement projects and investigation into product failures
- Troubleshoot product issues by performing investigation, root cause analysis, product bracketing and containment, executing corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional team members and external customers to develop customer centric solutions based on project priorities and timelines.
- Work cross functionally with R&D New Product Development team to provide support as needed.
- Create test protocols and execute the benchtop testing in the lab against those protocols. Plan day-to-day tasks without guidance
- Formulate and optimize reagents for clinical analyzer testing, maintaining meticulous records in your lab notebook.
- Review experimental results to confirm data accuracy, perform data analysis and make recommendations based on those results. Identify outlier or unexpected data and create a plan to address unexpected data independently.
- Perform all work in compliance with FDA Design Control guidance, ISO standards, cGMP, and other applicable regulations in the performance of your responsibilities.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department as assigned.
- Maintain a constant focus on safety in the lab and within the site.
- Demonstrate a strong continuous improvement focus and execution of improvement projects.
How will you get here?
Bachelor in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Microbiology or other related life science discipline with a minimum of 5 years of IVD product development experience. Or, M.S. or a Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology/related discipline with a minimum of 3 year of experience.
- Hands-on lab skills and experience is required with a strong desire to work in the lab and master new techniques.
- Experience working with biological materials is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work constructively on a team is required.
- Ability to use word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software is required
- Good organization and time management skills are required.
- Strong preference will be given to those candidates having hands-on lab-based experience in IVD assay development of from concept through development to commercialization
- Knowledge and hands-on experience immunoassay techniques and antibody-based technology is preferred
- Knowledge of FDA/ISO design control and regulatory requirements related to IVD products is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.