Stamping tool room manager 100-110k
The role reports to the Engineering Manager and is located in Tennessee. As a Tool & Die manager, you will be responsible for supervision of the Steel Stamping and Associates and all activities of the Tool & Die Department including the repair and maintenance to dies for the product lines in accordance with plant’s budget expectation relative to safety, cost, quality and service. Must have majorl die experience
- Assist in providing technical support for the development of new products and modifications of existing products to include the establishment of basic design standards and specifications, p
- Implement modern innovative tooling maintenance and repair techniques and equipment necessary to facilitate volume production of a variety of product.
- Interface with other departments concerning existing tooling capabilities and evaluate and improve these processes.
- Assist in planning and implementation processes including as required, design or specifications for tooling or other equipment, procurement, installation, start up, training and appropriate documentation for manufacturing and maintenance departments.
- Provide input to annual capital programs and implement items of the program from appropriate request to start up
- Gathers information to evaluate current work processes to determine the flow of work, time requirements, costs and duration.
- Instruct others in continuous 5’s
- Support corporate Engineering with new tooling design and projects as requested.
- Supervise the activities of the tool and die department responsible for the repair, alteration and rebuilding of all tooling and facility assembly machinery. Recommend and purchase related metal working equipment. This includes the preparation of records and reports of the work performed and alteration/modification to tooling and related equipment.
- Monitor the tooling and overtime budgets to insure expenditures are within limits
- Consult with the Quality Control and Production Departments on quality discrepancies, production difficulties and recommend solutions.
- Write technical reports, make presentations and assist with internal training programs as required.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing and maintenance department to resolve problems and enhance its ability to maintain tooling in a highly productive state with a minimum of downtime.
- Supervise the activities of the Tool & Die /Steel Stamping Department personal required to meet all goals and objectives. Recommend equipment and process improvements and implement any changes as required.