Learn what keeps Kapsch “always one step ahead” in people and technology by visiting our website https://www.kapsch.net/us/ktc
Kapsch TrafficCom is seeking a Traffic Dispatcher for our center in Rochester, NY. The Traffic Dispatcher will monitor all active traffic events that occur during the shift and ensure that the information is entered correctly into systems and provide traffic related messages to drivers.
This position is for the Saturday and Sunday 10:00 AM – 10:30 PM. Must be available during the week for paid training.
Compensation for this role is $13.27 per hour.
In this role, the Traffic Dispatcher will proactively seek out and provide appropriate responses to traffic issues. Job responsibilities include:
- Creation and posting of messages for the Variable Message Signs (VMS)
- Composing and posting information on the 511 traveler information system
- Assessing traffic status, special events, scheduled events, active events, and incident fault status by utilizing CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) cameras, Service Patrol reports, State Police reports, internal systems, etc.
- Communicating with emergency services such as state and local police, emergency communications centers, highway helpers, maintenance departments, and media outlets
- Facilitating incident management which includes: detection, verification, response, notification
- Activating various message signs and incident reporting
- Entering related data into Access Database
- Troubleshooting and resolving system related problems
- Coordinating with other operations staff with regards to various agencies and general control room coordination
- especially at shift change
- Assisting with the data collection for various reports, travel speed and travel time reports, incident reports, field equipment failures, and any other reports that are provided by the Traffic Operations Center.
Qualified candidates will possess a High School Diploma or other educational certification. Candidates should have basic computer proficiency, the ability to assess a situation rapidly and act decisively, and the ability to actively listen and verify incident details.
Candidates with at least a year of experience dispatching police, fire, other emergency personnel or freight are preferred. Experience in a call center environment can also be considered. An understanding of the Syracuse geography as well as the regional Interstate and Highway system is a plus.
Experience with GIS (Geographic Information Systems) is desirable.
Candidates should be aware that the Traffic Dispatcher position supports a 24/7, 365 operation and involves shift work.
The Kapsch portfolio of Advanced Traffic Management (ATM) services includes over 40 systems that integrate ATMS, SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), and automation for collecting real-time traffic and facilities-related data from highways, managed lanes, bridges, and tunnels. This information is delivered to a traffic management center where it is processed for actionable use by road operators, government authorities, and road users.
Our tolling solutions span all-electronic toll collection in free-flow traffic, automated payment at conventional toll plazas, and city tolling. Our solutions comprise radio communication via micro waves, vehicle tracking via GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems), ALPR (Automatic License Plate Recognition) video tolling, and vehicle classification via video and laser sensors LVDC (Laser Vehicle Detection and Classification). Our systems can manage operations for areas ranging from individual roads to entire regions, and can be modified for distance-based or time-based charging.
Our combined intelligent mobility solutions are used to aid traffic management personnel in making critical decisions during emergency response situations, as well as for providing real-time traffic information to road users from the highway to the city.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a leading global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and offers solutions across our customers’ entire value chain – from single products and components, to fully integrated turnkey systems and solutions in the applications of electronic toll collection, commercial vehicle operations, and highway traffic management. The Company is headquartered in Vienna, Austria with North American headquarters in McLean, Virginia and offices throughout the United States (Virginia, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Texas, California), Canada (Mississauga) and Mexico (Mexico City).
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.