A Title Officer:
Searches, examines and produces title reports and assurances; Searches public records and examines titles to determine legal condition of property title. Examines copies of records, such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plat and map books to determine ownership and legal restrictions and to verify legal description of property.
Compares legal description of property with legal description contained in records and indices, to verify such factors as deed of ownership, tax code and parcel number, and description of property’s boundaries.
Copies or summarizes (abstracts) recorded documents, such as mortgages, trust deeds, and contracts affecting condition of title to property.
Analyzes restrictions and prepares report outlining restrictions and actions required to clear title.
Confers with realtors, lending institution personnel, buyers, sellers, contractors, surveyors, and courthouse personnel to obtain additional information.
Prepares and issues policy that guarantees legality of title.
Familiarity with the preparation of all documentation to complete the filing of subdivision maps, parcel maps, and boundary line modifications.
Reviews and approves indemnity packages.
* Title experience preferred.
* Must have extreme attention to detail
* Ability to quickly and accurately read and interpret documents
* Must be able to focus on complex files
* Ability to read and understand maps
* Must be able to pass a background check
* Strong computer and typing skills
*Must be able to be bonded possess or be able to obtain a California Notary Public Commission.
This position is full-time Monday thru Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm – schedule is not flexible.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $26.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative