This position is responsible for processing vehicle titles using the respective states/agencies guidelines in a timely and accurate manner to assure a high level of member satisfaction while satisfying Union Square Credit Union’s policies. Process and verify financial and legal documents of vehicles to finalize sales deals. Prepare legal transfer documents to submit to the state motor vehicles department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
· Execute title clerical functions to financial and legal departments.
· Process and verify financial and legal documents of vehicles to finalize sales deals.
· Prepare and process title and tax documents of vehicles.
· Prepare legal transfer documents to submit to the state motor vehicles department.
· Verify and analyze free-and-clear title issues, odometer reading, and VIN.
· Process and verify incoming titles accurately to transfer to buyers.
· Answer and respond to customers courteously on all issues relating to titles.
· Deliver titles to the purchasers or purchasing dealer.
· Ensure compliance of state, federal, or local laws in processing titles.
· Review for necessary info to begin title work/track.
· Monitor daily spreadsheet /check-in new loans/check out loans for review/track title work.
· Process in/out of state filing for transfer of ownership, adding liens, lien corrections, and perfections and other title filings.
· Review incoming titles and white slips for correct info.
· Drop off and pick up title work from the tax office or other titling entities.
· Maintain, track, and pay Bank Drafts.
· Scan completed title work into imaging software.
· Prepare and work paid loan reports daily, releasing title work on paid collateral loans.
· Prepare the Release of Liens as needed.
· File UCC financing statements as needed.
· Respond to request for GOT on Insurance claims/co-ordinate with loan officer or collections if funds not sufficient to payoff note.
· Monitor and renew Notary/ add new appointees/order supplies for Notary.
· File titles with corresponding collateral loan documents.
· Process and distribute all mail and office correspondence as needed.
· Process end of the day for t-magic scanner.
· Ensure that archive records are appropriately stored and purge loan files as needed.
· Pull, stamp, and file closed accounts.
· Retrieve records upon request.
· Review and adhere to compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
· Follow Reg. CC guidelines when placing holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
· Adhere to credit union policies and procedures.
· Responsible for knowing and adhering to USCU policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and training manuals.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Previous title experience is a plus. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles. Strong social and communication skills. Must be able to operate a calculator, computer terminal, and windows based computer programs.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Union Square Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.28 – $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Financial institution: 1 year (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Waiting period may apply
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place