Acme Cryogenics in Ball Ground, GA has a full time, day shift position open for a TIG Pipe Welder. Only local candidates who meet the job requirements will be considered.
Acme Cryogenics, Inc. headquartered in Allentown, PA is North America’s leading manufacturer of cryogenic gas piping equipment and systems with a proud history of innovation, responsive customer service and responsible environmental stewardship. We provide engineering, design, fabrication, installation and repair services to the Food Packaging, Pharmaceutical, Semi-Conductor, Medical Gas Pipe, Cryo/Bio, and Industrial Gases industries
Lays out, fits, and welds pipe, and structural materials used in fabrication of components to assemble structural forms such as piping/instrumentation, vacuum jacketed piping, spool piping etc. by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Selects equipment and plans layout, assembles, and welds.
· Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
· Fabricates from sketches, blue prints or instruction.
· Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
· Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, GTAW-ARC (TIG) welding, submerged arc, or other welding process used by company.
· Repairs/reworks products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
· Uses hand and power tools to perform work.
· Examines weld for bead size and other visual specifications.
· Lays out, positions, and tack welds work pieces for fit-up.
· Welds along vertical or overhead weld lines.
· Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag, or spatter.
· Assembles completed spool pieces into final assemblies per drawings and spec sheets.
· Be able to qualify for ASME Code welding as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Prefer an individual with the ability to weld in a 6G position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, GED, or technical school; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities is required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work in a clean spacious, air conditioned (in summer), heated (in winter) work environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
“Acme Cryogenics is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer” "Acme values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. Acme supports the hiring of returning Service Members and military spouses.”
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Social distancing, masks worn when in contact with others, cleaning and disinfecting functions being performed.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- TIG Pipe Welding training or: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply