Full-time Therapeutic Advisor needed for New Leaf Academy, a therapeutic boarding school for girls ages 10-15. Diagnosis of students may include: Anxiety, Depression, Bi-Polar, ADHD, ODD, trauma, grief and loss and attachment issues and students typically have difficulty regulating emotions and containing their behaviors.
Our program offers individual, recreational, group and family therapy. We support the growth of our students not only through therapy but also through a challenging academic setting and a variety of experiential trips such as camping, rafting and skiing.
The Therapeutic Advisor is the back bone of our program and we are looking for experienced mentors and counselors who can support young girl’s emotional and academic growth.
- Supporting and guiding a caseload of students. Advisor works closely with the therapists and is a part of the treatment team, helping to develop and implement treatment plans.
- Serving as a liaison between the program and the parents regarding programmatic and logistical issues.
- Facilitating group therapy sessions with students
- Working collaboratively with home staff to ensure the home environment is running smoothly; including following the daily schedule, guiding students through daily responsibilities and life skills, social skill instruction, etc.
- Participating in a week-long on-call rotation every 4-5 weeks.
Minimum Requirements/Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Human Development or related field
- Experience working with youth with emotional and behavioral challenges
- Ability to build relationships with youth while maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to lead and work within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Supervisory and leadership experience
- Ability to give and receive feedback from co-workers and others.
New Leaf Academy is a dynamic, supportive work environment. We provide employees with extensive and ongoing training which helps to support staff development in the mental health field. Position is full-time, year-round (including holidays), Tuesdays-Saturdays and starting wage is $16/hour.
Great benefits package available after 60 days, generous PTO plan after 90 days.
Visit www.newleafacademy.com for more information.
Please send cover letter and resume detailing your experience to Human Resources Manager Stacie Fox.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Other types of insurance