Testing Specialist – South Campus
Essential Job Functions:
- Administer all college assessments including TSIA2, GED, HiSET, Accuplacer ESL, correspondence tests, make-up tests, distance learning and accessibility services testing.
- Collaborate with Dual Credit and with area high schools to administer TSIA2 at district high schools.
- Process all high school equivalency documentation and uphold all standards of the GED and HiSET exams with confidentiality and security.
- Process all paperwork and documents for all exams and inputs test scores into the student database system.
- Organize, facilitate, plan, and assign testing appointments with students and the community and monitor student registration for all college assessments.
- Maintain secure storage for testing materials and student record privacy.
- Create student identification records in the student database system for payment purposes.
Additional Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot and report problems with testing facilities, hardware, software, and various testing vendor products and services to Coordinator, Testing Center
- Answer phone and disseminate information on testing services to students, staff, faculty and community.
- Collaborate with San Jacinto College departments and communicate with various offices and faculty to receive, proctor, and return exams.
- Stay abreast of and uphold all standards of all exams including confidentiality and test integrity.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate the College values
- Must be extremely accurate and have excellent communication, proof-reading, grammar and spelling skills
- Ability to adapt to changes in policies and procedures
- Ability to work unsupervised and multitask in a fast-paced office environment
- Must possess personal computer literacy skills
- Must possess outstanding customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Must be team-oriented with the ability to work well with other staff members
Required Education & Experience:
- Associate degree or four years of office experience in a college/educational environment.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Completion of college-level credits or some post-secondary education
- In-depth knowledge of testing
- In-depth knowledge of Banner
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to enforce institutional policies and procedures
- Understanding of FERPA law
Note: The duties of this position require a physical presence at the assigned on-site work location during unrestricted operations with very limited or no opportunity for remote work arrangements.
Salary Grade: 16
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule
Requisition Number: req2795
Posting Close Date: 2/19/2021