Top Talent Wanted! Calling all top performers in Washington We are setting the bar and taking market share in the hardlines industry. We are looking for a top performer to join our team. Do you have a proven track record of performance? Are you driven to succeed and ready to join a growing division of the largest hardlines distributor in the industry? Take the next step in your career and join our winning team!
Emery Jensen Distribution is a subsidiary of Ace Hardware Corporation that sells and distributes hard-line products to independent Pro/Lumber, Paint, Hardware, and E-retailer customer segments.
Our team is currently looking for a Territory Manager who will be responsible for growing profitable sales with current and new Emery Jensen customers in Washington.
The Territory Manager is focused on growing sales through weekly warehouse orders, convention sales opportunities, drop-ship programs, and other promotional programs. They will analyze each retailer and develop specific sales strategies and solutions based on customer needs, while meeting Emery Jensen Distribution objectives. The Territory Manager manages the customer relationships and will be the liaison between the customer and Emery Jensen Distribution. As necessary, the Territory Manager may be required to attend industry related trade shows, such as, but not limited to, The National Hardware Show, The IGC Show and other industry related events.
What you’ll do
- Deliver annual sales and profit objectives by developing a strategic sales plan that engages retailers and will increase the Emery Jensen Distribution customer base within a defined geographic territory
- Represent Emery Jensen Distribution both professionally and ethically in all day to day activities
- Develop and foster strong business relationships with key decision makers to grow the overall Emery Jensen Distribution business
- Organize and prioritize weekly customer sales routes and calls to meet Emery Jensen Distribution goals and objectives
- Effectively communicate with the Emery Jensen Leadership Team with both successes as well as challenges to gain insight and support in achieving Emery Jensen Distribution goals and objectives
- Effectively communicate with the internal Sales Support Team, the Care Center and other internal business partners to resolve customer issues and questions in a timely manner
- Collaborate and communicate with Emery Jensen Distribution team members to share ideas and sales successes to help in achieving goals and objectives
- Displays sound judgement in relation to expenses (travel and entertainment, car , etc.)
What you need to succeed
- Motivated self‐starter and results-oriented individual focused on solutions based on customers' needs.
- 5‐ years of Business to Business sales experience preferred
- Hardware sales experience a plus
- Excellent listening and negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking abilities with an emphasis on developing a sales growth plan and the ability to ensure implementation
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and opportunities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Extensive travel required including overnight travel
- Valid driver’s license required
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
- Preferred residence in Seattle, Washington.
We want to hear from you!
Emery Jensen Distribution delivers wholesale products and best-in-class service to independent retailers in the Pro Lumber, Paint, Hardware, Grocery, and E-retailer space. Our goal is to support sustainable and profitable growth for our customers by offering the broadest assortments, best pricing, and most knowledgeable team. We have national scale, a regional focus and the commitment to serve our customers and support each other. Come find out why a career with Emery Jensen Distribution is right for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emery Jensen Distribution, a subsidiary of Ace Hardware, is committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.