Jim Bender, Inc. is a quality focused cross country trucking company that cares about our employees and their families. We are rooted with great values and a culture that promotes Safety, the Driver Experience, Team Work and Customer Service.
As one of the fastest growing transportation organizations in the country, we have an exciting opportunity for the candidate sharing our core values and desire for growth!
The Terminal Manager will lead trucking operations with a focus on continuous improvement. This position is responsible for operational effectiveness and strategy including accountabilities for Safety, Service, Cost Management, People and Results. The Terminal Manager is charged with building and maintaining an organization capable of sustaining an operational competitive advantage. This leadership role will drive systemic change through implementing best industry practices, enhancing existing procedures, developing people and capitalizing on efficiencies.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, Including, But Not Limited To:
Overall responsibility for Fleet Operations activities including: 1) Safe Operations, 2) Profitability,
3) Customer Satisfaction and 4) Driver/Contractor well-being.
- Establish and ensure open communication channels regarding Safety, Transportation, Strategy and People.
- Ensure operational compliance with all stated company policy and procedures, and adhere to the company’s mission, vision and values statements.
- Actively pursue continuous improvement processes in pursuit achieving operational excellence to improve cost performance and profitability.
- Accountable to maintain operational budgets; reviews performance to budget; reports budget variances and Leadership is the following functional areas:
- Fleet Management
- Customer Service
- Extended Operations
- Terminal Operations
- Operations Support
- Logistics (Brokers)
- Provide senior level input on business matters, including those outside the functional areas managed.
- Improve utility and revenue generating capacity of the fleet
- Innovate and improve business strategies and processes
- Support, implement and “drive” initiatives and protocols, especially regarding safety and equipment maintenance
- Critical interface with customers regarding service capabilities and levels
- Attain a high level of professionalism and accomplishment from Associates through:
- Establishing KPIs
- Monitoring and reviewing performance
- Leading by example
- Establish, track and report on the metrics identified by the President and CEO
- Empower staff to make necessary changes and be a pro-active participant in the performance of every function and location
- Effectively work and communicate with other departments
- Ability to measure operating results, develop action plans, implement and measure impact of plans
- Mange costs attributable to functional areas
- Adhere to budgeted expense amounts
- Review and approve accounts payable invoices and expense reports
- Primary vendor contact/negotiator
This position requires travel, as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of transportation operations including: asset management, transportation management, system management, government (DOT) regulation and compliance, budgeting and expense analysis.
- Business and intellectual competencies including: industry knowledge and understanding, negotiating, strategic and tactical planning, problem analysis, written and oral communication, people development, visioning and creativity.
- Interpersonal competencies including: Integrity and trust, adaptability, leadership and coaching and mentoring.
- 10 to 15 years of progressive responsibility within the transportation industry with proven transportation leadership experience.
- Minimum four-year degree with major in Business, Transportation or logistics preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years Trucking, Transportation or Logistics experience at a senior leadership level
- TMW-Truck Mate Operating Experience is preferred.
- Exposure to operating multiple accounts and facilities in a dedicated or private fleet environment, using transportation management systems.
- Experience with prospecting and evaluating potential customers for future business opportunities
- Extensive P&L management experience
- A proven track record of “hands-on” operations management experience in the truckload or refrigerated trucking industry
- Ability to recognize, isolate and solve problems that improve company’s overall performance and customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Proficient in Windows based programs, MS Word and Excel
- Able to navigate through the internet and use common email programs
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 10 years (Required)