Temporary Part-Time positions available. Hours will vary with some on-call hours. The test site is open 8 AM-3:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Weekend hours may be available periodically throughout the semester.
To interrupt the viral transmission of COVID-19 among our asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic population, every member of Providence College’s student and employee community that comes to campus at least once weekly participates in PC’s surveillance testing plan. Providence College has partnered with the Broad Institute to offer surveillance testing in the form of Observed Self-Swab Nasal Collection. 800-1200 tests are conducted daily.
- Observations of self-swabbing can be done by trained staff under the direction of the medical professional.
- Observers do not have to be healthcare professionals, but must be trained in the self-swabbing process, proper use of PPE, and handling of specimens.
- Exemplifies caring and compassionate customer service and excellent interpersonal skills to create a positive patient experience.
- Utilizes standard precautions and complies with PC’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare specimens for pick-up at the end of each day.
- Ensure tests are correctly ordered, manifests are properly generated, and workspace is sanitized by each shift’s end.
- Monitor inventory at the test site and restock as needed.
All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required
- Conscientious and excellence-driven individuals needed to staff PC’s COVID-19 test site in spring semester 2021.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Experience in COVID-19 testing site or vaccination clinic preferred.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program, a Basic or Cardiac EMT or Paramedic program, or commensurate professional experience or combination of experience and education preferred.
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic
origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop,
and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the
part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and
those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Location: 1 Cunningham Square
Providence,RI 02918-0001, Providence, RI 02918
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary