We thrive on connecting people to the things that matter most by delivering unmatched customer experience, investing in our associates, and creating value for our shareholders. This is a fast-paced organization rooted in celebration, excellence, respect, trust, communication, and family. Working here requires an open mind, collaboration, and willingness to learn.
We know from experience that debt collection is more than just getting overdue invoices paid. It is about making that contact with debtors in every way possible, recognizing the problem and finding a solution.
We locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or email to solicit payment. Duties include making outbound calls to customers for payment reminders, receiving payment and posting amount to customer’s account; and keeping records of collection and status of accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inform customers by telephone and email of amounts due on the account.
- Take in customers payment
- Set Promise to Pay dates (PTP) on customer’s account if requested
- Set up Self Care Access for customers as requested
- Refer customers with billing inquiries to the Credit and Collections Team
- Able to maintain, in the strictest confidence, information received concerning clients/customers/employees, as well as high degree of professionalism.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Design –Demonstrates attention to detail and strives for excellence.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Interpersonal Skills – We bring energy and passion to our work and always aim to be respectful and communicate openly with team members and other departments
- Written Communication – Able to read, write, and interpret written information while being reliable and transparent
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Writing- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Judgment and Decision Making- Considering the relative costs and benefits.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills to include Excel/Word.
- Work under pressure and be attentive to detail.
- Spirited personality
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals
- Understand role within team but takes initiative
- Ability to work under pressure but maintain a calm and approachable demeanor
- Must be a self-motivated individual.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to converse professionally and with empathy with an emphasis on owning and solving issues whilst building excellent rapport.
- Social Perceptiveness- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Persuasion- Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Negotiation- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Coordination- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
This position is a Temp part-time role to work no more than 30 hours a week between Monday to Saturday. During selected times
individual will be asked to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to crouch, kneel, balance, bend/stoop, climb, push/pull objects and drive. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Docomo Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class