TEMP-Lab/Research Support(Job Number: 0179508)
Job Purpose: Provide support services in the operation and maintenance of an academic or research laboratory to include performing analyses; setup, operation, maintenance and cleaning of equipment; and maintaining stock of supplies. Specific duties will be determined based on assignment and unit needs.
- Setup, operate and maintain instruments and other equipment used in performing lab tests and experiments.
- Order supplies and materials as required; maintain records.
- Setup laboratory media/equipment for demonstrations.
- May clean instruments, glassware and other lab equipment.
- Prepare and process laboratory samples for use in assigned tests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school Diploma/GED or Vocational School Diploma
Work Experience: Zero to two years job related experience
Skills: This job requires working knowledge in the use of instrumentation and other lab equipment, laboratory processes and procedures specific to assigned lab. Skills in inventory management and the use of specialized computer applications is required.
- Preferred Education: N/A
Preferred Work Experience: N/A
Preferred Certifications: N/A
Preferred Skills: Experience with Computer Systems and Software, Bioengineering, Digital Signal Processing
Additional Information: This is a temporary position, limited to 1300 hours or 12 consecutive months, and subject to ACA and GT guidelines for temporary employment.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: academic and/or research faculty members, staff and students This position typically will advise and counsel: lab users this position will supervise: N/A
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering is the largest producer of electrical engineers and computer engineers in the United States. Our current enrollment includes 1,350 undergraduates and 1,215 graduate students. Studies are directed by 112 faculty members involved in 11 areas of research and education. For more information about the School of ECE visit: http://www.ece.gatech.edu
Job: Lab Support
Organization: College of Engineering
Job Posting: May 20, 2019, 8:08:23 PM
Hiring Range: N/A