Job Summary: Interacts with credit union members to accurately conduct all credit and debit transactions in compliance with established credit union policies and procedures. The incumbent will also develop and maintain account relationships, provide solutions, and resolve member problems through quality service and product knowledge while maximizing cross-selling opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet members with a smile in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
- Perform routine member transactions, including, but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers and check cashing on credit union data processing system
- Sell and process travelers cheques, savings bonds, Cashier’s checks, attraction tickets and gift cards
- Process information pertaining to members’ accounts and route to proper department for processing
- Provide in person, by telephone or mail such explanation as member authorizes concerning their account
- Educate member on value added products and services and employ related cross-selling/service standards
- Assist members in opening sub accounts
- Daily opening and closing of terminal; accounting for assigned cash; balancing to terminal close report; remitting daily work to supervisor, and other support activities
- Adherence to all policies and procedures
- Maintain a professional appearance and image while conducting business with members and vendors
- Responsible for exceptional member service to every member, internal and external, every time by adhering to the ALEC Service Model
- Other duties as assigned
- Member Service Standards – Focus on member; maintain and enhance self-esteem; listen to show understanding (acknowledging, paraphrasing, and empathizing); maintain personal responsibility; manage complaints effectively; resolve a co-worker’s problem
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, process, requirements or cultures
- Initiative – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive; originating action to improve existing conditions and processes
- Integrity – Maintaining, promoting and modeling social, ethical and organization norms; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principals
- Teamwork – Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external partners to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: NA
- Required: Minimum one year cash handling and customer service experience
- Preferred: Minimum two years cash handling and customer service experience. Knowledge of financial services industry.
- Member/ customer loyalty skills
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Mathematical skills
- Problem- solving skills
- Computer skills
Travel Requirements: NA
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and use of hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
Job Type: Full-time
- Teller: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cash Handling: 1 year (Preferred)