Sequoyah Electric is an industry leader in the design, construction and maintenance of electrical and low voltage systems in the Puget Sound Area. We are currently seeking a Technology Project Manager specializing in the Low Voltage Construction industry.
If you’re committed to customer service and producing an outstanding product, we think you’ll find Sequoyah to be an exciting, enjoyable place to contribute and grow. Voted as a Best Workplace in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Sequoyah fosters an environment of teamwork with a commitment to excellence. It s evident when you walk through our building or jobsites that we enjoy what we do. Whether it’s our jobsite lunches, leadership and field supervisor development programs, annual Winterbash employee appreciation party, employee charity golf tournaments, community service outings, or Hawaiian shirt Fridays, you ll enjoy being part of our team!
This position will handle multiple projects and responsibilities while serving as the Company’s representative on project teams. They will be responsible for creating bid opportunities, sales, estimating and management oversight of assigned projects. They will coordinate field labor, material and equipment, ensuring that work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Serves as main contact for customers (GC, Owner, etc.) at all times; interacts with customer(s) regularly to ensure their satisfaction and repeat business. Competent in sales situation; able to deliver and explain proposal
- Responsible for his/her projects and has the authority to utilize all available company resources in meeting the goals of the projects
- Meets or exceeds established annual sales expectation
- Reviews contracts and negotiates with Contractor and Subcontractors
- Maintains accurate, current, and complete records for all assigned projects to measure and document both project and team progress and results
- Develops baseline schedules for projects to reflect accurate labor, material, equipment and subcontract time requirements and project constraints. Measures the baseline against actual progress and implements appropriate corrective action as necessary
- Expedites, negotiates and approves all project changes
- Approves decisions concerning the project cost, time, and performance based on an agreed to baseline plan requirements
- 7-10 years of project management experience in the low voltage construction industry
- Ability to design and engineer structured cabling, security, fire alarm, and other low voltage systems
- RCDD certification a plus
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, accounting, scheduling, estimating and engineering principals and techniques
- Ability to estimate construction projects, evaluate and apply estimates and price change orders
- Proven ability to generate sales of low voltage systems; has established accounts and relationships
- Strong MS Office computer skills
- Employer Paid Medical Insurance for employees and eligible dependents
- Employer Paid Dental & Vision Insurance for employees and eligible dependents
- 401(k) and Roth(k) retirement plans with company matching contribution
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employer Paid Life and AD&D Insurance for employees and eligible dependents
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability income protection
- Education Assistance Program
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Annual Company Events
Sequoyah is an equal opportunity employer. We are a non‐smoking facility and a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All new hires and employees are subject to drug testing in accordance with company policy.