Working as a key member of the multidisciplinary, multi Product Company, Integrated Project Team for Integrated Services Development you will be responsible for driving and evolving the integrated technology road map and systems engineering approach for new integrated products (ISM’s).
You will own and add creative and directional input to the integrated product through the development lifecycle:
- Ensuring requirements, spends and on-time delivery are met
- Coordinating the development activities from Product Company / Product Line groups
- Own the full spectrum of development—from concept and design to development and handoff to the early engagement and execution teams
- Lead Integrated Project Team fast sprints for a variety of project development stages
You are a visionary and motivator, in addition to being outcome focused.
As a key member of the team you will help develop how the Value Proposition is delivered, and interface with the team for solution commercialization and deployment.
You are an experienced Technologist; this role provides a unique opportunity to support and drive technology and product development as well as system engineering with a high level of expertise in engineering processes and standards, systems thinking, project execution and engineering infrastructure. The role will directly interact with Product Company Technology development leadership & teams, the Program Management Office, as well as with stakeholders outside of Technology.
This opportunity affords career growth for leadership aspirations through exposure to and ability to influence across and beyond the Baker Hughes Technology portfolio.
In the role of Technology Development and Systems Engineering Lead – Subsea Interventions, you will:
- Be a champion of the technology development processes and act as the voice of the program to key business stakeholders including the ISM platform leader and PC technology functional team. Establish, refine, and lead the integrated technology development roadmap; responsible for project planning, liaison on resource allocation and financial management
- Communicate out on status and progress across functions and across hierarchy levels; provide inputs to multi-generational product plans (MGPPs) for integrated product development; track key system product trends
- Refine strategy for and drive implementation of Systems Engineering methodologies and Technology, including “digital infrastructure.”
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members within the integrated project team
- Demonstrate readiness and initiative to act by him/herself towards problems or tasks resolution and making decisions. Results will be measured against key metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience
- Practical experience in the above-mentioned areas of technical and managerial expertise, gathered in prior positions, with proven performance record in project and people management including budget responsibility
- Ability to delegate, set expectations and monitor progress of extended team members outside direct line of responsibility
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stay on schedule in a fast-paced environment
- Courage to take action and able to question with purpose
- Self-motivated, outcome-focused individual, who is a demonstrable lateral thinker, able to push new perspectives on solutions
- Experience in product and technology development arenas, and experience in considering a customer perspective of value
- Experience of lean process and design, project management, and a history of working in a matrix organization
- Experience in managing complex and multidisciplinary development projects
- Oral and Written Communications – Excellent presentation and written skills are required, to enable clear and concise delivery of information to senior executives and customers. Previous experience and knowledge in interfacing with major customers also desirable
- Experience and knowledge in interfacing with major customers
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more