We offer Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, and Opportunities for Growth.
Pinto Valley Mining Corporation (PVMC), a subsidiary of Capstone Mining, is a global leader in metal mining and processing, focused on Copper and Molybdenum production.
As a member of the PVMC team, you will have the opportunity to work for a company that places its highest priorities on supporting its people and the communities where they live, protecting the environment, and providing safe and secure working conditions.
Located just outside the Phoenix metro area, at PVMC you will enjoy working in a collaborative and diverse team environment with training, development, and career growth opportunities. We live by our values; Work Responsibly, Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, and Deliver Results.
About the Role
As a Laboratory Technician, you will provide technical support to the metallurgical department. Using a number of different analytical laboratory deceives, you will process ore, product, and exploration samples from the active mine area and several processing plants across the property.
Who We are Looking For
Are you a highly motivated individual with a commitment to the safety and well-being of your fellow employees? Do you consistently look for ways to improve yourself and others? Are you committed to living the Capstone Values? If so, then you are the kind of person that we are looking for.
- Properly prepare, dry, weigh, and analyze samples and accurately record results.
- Minimum of two years mine or commercial laboratory experience. Previous experience in open-pit mines and concentrators preferred.
- Safely store and handle corrosive and flammable chemicals.
- Ability to apply intermediate math skills assessing weighted averages, simple averages, multiple decimal multiplication, and division equations.
- Must be extremely organized to ensure integrity of both sample and time constraints.
- Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English.
- SAP experience a plus.
Physical Demands of the Role
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, including walking up and down stairs and across uneven surfaces.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in both hot and cold environments with high humidity.
- Ability to kneel, crawl, stoop, and squat, including in confined spaces.
- Ability to wear a respirator when required.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Health, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance (effective on date of hire)
- 401(k) Savings and Employee Share Purchase Plans
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Pinto Valley Mining Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.