At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
A Polaris Technical Service Supervisor is responsible for delivering world class support to our Polaris dealer partners. This role will represent the voice of the dealer network to the rest of the organization. Lead Service team initiatives and drive dealer engagement by partnering with cross-functional teams and building key relationships within our dealer channel. Primary liaison between Engineering and Technical Service to improve communication and support of the Dealer Network.
This role will help lead the evolution of the Technical Service function and lead integration with other functions to drive product quality by recognizing opportunities for improvement/change, identifying gaps and drive field training/communication opportunities, leading experimentation and providing a feedback loop to consistently iterate and refine to make us better.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Team and Department Leadership- 50%
- Responsible for the implementation of department procedures, policies and controls as they relate to product knowledge and warranty authorizations of the Off-Road product lines. Looks for opportunity for increasing service levels and driving efficiency.
- Supervises and monitors the TSR team, evaluating workflow to assure timely processing of dealer inquiries, quality and accuracy of service provided, and proper documentation to identify training & communication opportunities
- Monitor the Dealer Community to identify opportunities, drive awareness, engagement, and solutions.
- Partner with Content teams to develop service focused communications and expand our shared resources in knowledge management platforms
- Work with Engineering & Quality as a tactical problem solver that provides research and assistance to address concerns between Polaris Dealers, Central Service, and internal departments to support Dealer and Customer needs
- Coaches team member to improve performance and grow their careers. Conducts annual and quarterly employee performance reviews
- Actively participates in daily call and case support of our dealers to stay connected in support needs
Process Improvement & Quality Focus- 30%
- Conduct analysis of reported concerns to identify and drive root cause to field resolution
- Serve as a liaison to other areas of the business
- Listen, gather and analyze field concerns to present to engineering and drive communication efforts
- Monitor trends in dealer feedback and remove barriers for teams to deliver world class service
- Partner with other members of service teams to develop process improvements leading to a cross-functional approach towards product resolution for our dealers & customers
- Own and communicate Service metrics dashboard through month end and trend reporting
Define Department Direction/Lead Change- 20%
- Present and implement changes to meet team or department goals
- Execute strategic initiatives, opportunities to engage across Service org and cross functionally
- Identify, embrace, and lead process improvements.
- Lead special projects as assigned
- Execute team meetings as needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 4-year bachelor’s degree Business or Engineering related fields + 5 year technical experience in Off-Road vehicles
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
- Strong desire to deliver industry-leading service and build strong dealer relationships
- Strong problem-solving ability with prioritization and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to articulate thoughts and ideas.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to handle confidential information required
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient PC skills – Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficient in AS400, Oracle, Showcase & CRM
- Previous experience with Motorsports/Recreational industry preferred
Fast-paced office environment. 5-10% travel
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.