Do you love to guide and deliver outstanding products that delight customers? If you enjoy working with cross-functional teams, interacting with customers, impacting products, and thrive in a dynamic and ambiguous highly technical environment, this is your role!
RTI is looking for a Technical Product Manager to help define, build and launch innovative and safe products that connect and enable a diverse rich set of applications that drive autonomy in vehicles. You will be a part of the Product Management team to help define, develop, and deliver RTI products to delight our customers and grow our business.
At RTI, we take on some of the world's most exciting and hardest technology problems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the North American continent, helps hospitals monitor and care for patients, connects AI brains in autonomous cars, and safely guides airplanes with or without pilots. RTI truly makes the world run better in many ways!
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. Guided by our core values, our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest. Employees are well recognized for their achievements, have opportunities for career growth and development, and are provided with the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility to make sure your life is as satisfying as your career.
- Collaborate with engineers, cross-functional teams and customers to define and communicate product requirements and roadmap of Connext DDS Cert for Automotive. Clearly communicate product vision and roadmap to stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Proactively identify and resolve risks, issues, and roadblocks to meet the desired goals.
- Own initiatives to build, launch, improve and scale software products, including automotive safety products.
- Identify and prioritize requirements for various aspects of product lines including target platforms, safety features, and supporting collateral.
- Evangelize RTI products to customers through RFI/RFQ responses in collaboration with engineering, sales, and your fellow product managers.
- Develop, in collaboration with the functional safety manager, the PM requirements management process, in adherence to the functional safety and Automotive SPICE standards.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study (e.g., engineering, mathematics, information technology), or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ combined years of experience in product management or technical program management in systems software, networking, distributed systems or embedded systems.
- Practical experience in automotive production programs including RFQ response, Project Bidding, Contextualization and Continuous Integration.
- Practical experience releasing products according to relevant automotive industry safety standards such as ISO 26262/SOTIF/UL4600
- Experience with safety platforms, safety hypervisors, and networking (DDS, CAN Bus, SOME/IP) in safety environments.
- Understanding of software safety development lifecycles and practices such as development of a technical safety concept, safety case, static code analysis, functional and structural code coverage, etc.
- Familiarity with product management functions, including writing requirements, prototype development, market research, competitive analysis, and product planning.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, verbal, written and presentation communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in the USA. Excellent English written communication skills, with the drive and desire to improve English verbal communication skills.
- Role may be based in Denver, CO; US Remote; or Granada, Spain. RTI headquarters is based in Sunnyvale, CA.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
- Understanding of market trends and technical concepts of safety platforms for autonomous systems in other markets such as Avionics (DO-178C), Industrial (IEC 61508), and Railway (EN 50128).
- Familiarity with ADAS/Autonomous driving embedded platforms and software stacks
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts.
- Interest in creating and analyzing products and customer use cases.
- Experience working with software teams and interfacing with customers.
- Management experience or other proven leadership abilities and interest.
- MBA or demonstrated aptitude to bridge technical and business.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.