AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We are seeking an Operations Manager with strong operational, leadership and technical skills to lead a team of engineers responsible for supporting a wide range of customers. Your team will:
- Field technical support inquiries from customers.
- Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance.
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed prelaunch planning.
- Make recommendations to customers about how new AWS offerings fit in their company architecture.
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within AWS (be their voice).
- Work with some of the leading technologists around the world.
- Work directly with Amazon Web Service engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
The right person will be highly technical, analytical, and have experience managing technical teams. In addition, this person will have a record of driving projects to improve support-related processes and the technical support experience and be passionate about the growth and success of AWS customers. Strong verbal and written communication skills also a must.
- 10+ years progressive leadership experience within the information technology industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field, or equivalent work experience PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Deep experience with AWS service offerings
- Experience with web services
- Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired.
- Past experience as a systems administration, network engineer, or software development engineer
- Flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings when required)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.