**NOTE: Although this is a home-office based position, applicants must live near the greater Dallas areasince the NS-TAM will spend most of his/her time at customer sites and must be able to travel 30% locally/regionally within the assigned territory**
Before you apply, ask yourself these 8 questions…
- Do you “live and breathe” Network Security Tools and Networking Concepts such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, and Security/Trust Zones?
- Are you fascinated by Software defined Networking ?
- Are you always looking for better and more efficient ways of performing common data center tasks?
- Are you insanely curious and knowledgeable about the way that modern data centers work?
- Data centers are changing their operating models to adopt VMware’s multi-cloud approach…do you have experience in multi-cloud architecture?
- Hyper-converged Infrastructure is changing the landscape of data centers…are you part of the revolution?
- Want to join an innovative team of Customer Advocates?
- Want to join a top-rated company: Fortune 100 Best Places to Work?
About VMware’s Professional Services Division
VMware Professional Services help customers uncover the unique opportunities presented by VMware’s industry-leading solutions and technologies. Our extensive services community comprises VMware Professional Services and select service-delivery partners. Our consultants and advisors combine extensive, real-world experience with unparalleled virtualization and cloud computing expertise to help IT, DevOps and CloudOps organizations – large and small, global and regional – address the technical, people, process and financial aspects of ‘X’ as a service to deliver positive, tangible and material results to the business. Our Services portfolio includes – Accelerate Advisory Services, Cloud Operations Services, Technology Consulting Services, Technical Account Manager Services and Education Services & Certification Programs.
Network & Security – Technical Account Managers (NS-TAM’s) provide exceptional product knowledge and validated skills to help large organizations streamline deployment and improve operations of their VMware NSX platform. Backed by the resources of the entire VMware organization and armed with standard methodologies, NS-TAM’s are responsible for building and maintaining post-sales relationships with VMware’s largest and most strategic customers. These customers are typically large enterprise accounts embracing VMware’s Network Virtualization and Security vision across their data centers. NS-TAM’s develop a trusted advisor relationship with key partners including customer executives, CIO, CTO, Line of Business leaders and IT Directors to ensure that the customer continues their standardization on VMware networking technology. Additionally, NS-TAM’s become the customer’s central point of contact into VMware’s Networking and Security business unit. As such, the NS-TAM’s technical abilities will be important in recommending solutions, visualizing opportunities, mitigating issues and providing technical guidance to a defined account or set of accounts.
NS-TAM’s consult closely with customers to ensure their satisfaction and return on investment with the VMware Network Virtualization platform. They are the customer’s primary liaison into VMware and are accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues impacting the productive use of VMware solutions, including but not limited to NSX. NS-TAM’s engage resources across the entire VMware organization when necessary. In addition, NS-TAM’s actively expand VMware platform adoption and standardization within accounts, driving relationships at every level internally and externally to advocate VMware technology solutions and influence change. In addition to customer facing activities, NS-TAM’s report key account metrics and insight to VMware internal teams while contributing to the overall TAM program development.
- Establish long-term relationships within assigned accounts while developing an understanding of the client’s strategic goals and overall impact on business results.
- Provide project leadership, coordination and architectural guidance for the customer’s Network Virtualization and major VMware initiatives.
- Collaborate with multi-functional VMware project teams which could consist of VMware consultants, engineers, product management and support staff.
- Map additional VMware solutions to the customer’s unique business and technical requirements
- Maintain a current knowledge of VMware’s networking and security solutions, along with a high-level technical knowledge of VMware’s product line and future product direction.
- Lead and drive challenging requests across simultaneous client engagements.
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware Product Management teams based on customer use-cases and requirements.
- Understand the customer’s high-level business challenges while functioning as an advisory resource for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware solutions within your accounts.
- TRAVEL: Although this is a home-office based position, applicants must live near the greater Dallas area since the NS-TAM will spend most of his/her time at customer sites and must be able to travel 30% locally/regionally within the assigned territory. Additional travel for training and conferences may also be required throughout the year
- MUST have proven strong networking experience as well as knowledge of VMware
- MUST have knowledge of VMware virtualization, networking and security products, solutions, and services.
- MUST have solid technical background in advanced networking and security (preferably with technical certifications). Additionally, a background in data center infrastructure, operating systems, desktop deployments, system administration and/or technical architecture is preferred.
- MUST have proven ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a technology consultant (preferably with a management consulting, IT vendor or professional services organization).
- Domain-level understanding of Cloud Infrastructure & Networking (Data Center Design, Network Architecture, Network Design, System Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, Security)
- Network Security Tools and Networking Concepts such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, and Security/Trust Zones.
Network components and concepts such as:
Routers, switches, load balancers, and other networking and security components from a variety of vendors.
Virtual networking components such as VSG, Nexus 1000V, and vDS
Networking protocols such as BGP & OSPF
VLANs, VPN, Unicast vs Multicast, Management Networks, IP subnetting, and network design.
- Demonstrable experience and deep knowledge of the networking technologies and vendors such as Cisco, F5, Riverbed, Force10, Vyatta/Brocade, A10 Networks, Arista, Infoblox, Palo Alto Networks
- Experience with integrating heterogeneous networking and security environments
- Understanding of modern IT and DevOps production data center and Cloud (ISP/ASP) operations.
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning
- Fast learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Strong business insight and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence internal and external partners at all levels.
- Be effective working independently and in a team setting.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple client demands.
- Superb communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with CxO level personnel.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Additional/Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Technical certifications in advanced networking and security
- Background in data center infrastructure, operating systems, desktop deployments, system administration and/or technical architecture
At VMware we have EPIC2 Values – Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/life-at-vmware.html. We want to hire epic people who enhance our diverse culture – people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and lead your future. VMware diversity: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/people-at-vmware.html
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.