Specializing in custom solutions to challenging coating related requirements, MARCUS PAINT COMPANY serves the OEM industrial market.
Our goal is to solve problems, improve quality and efficiency and educate our clients by working as a consultative partner to provide the best services and products.
We are looking for a Technical Account Manager who can roll up their sleeves and collaborate with others to create innovation and success for the future. Someone who is a problem solver and solution provider.
Someone whose core values are aligned with the culture of the organization.
- Be accountable.
- Be driven to succeed.
- Have a desire to learn.
- Empower others.
- Have fun.
Basic functions for this position include:
- Interact with assigned clients providing both the Company and the client with technical recommendations.
- Promote the image of the Company and the value that the products, services, and employees bring to the marketplace.
- Participate in technical communication and activities related to discovery, development, and acquisition of potential clients.
- Represent the technical resource for trial runs and communicate the results, potential improvements, and corrections.
- Manage the ongoing needs of the client by providing routine visits, reports and recommendations.
- Provide technical support when problems occur and ensure solutions are provided based on knowledge and support from internal Company resources.
- Identify opportunities for improvement ensuring the client views the Company as a solution provider.
- Contributes to the R&D process for new and/or upgraded products to improve profitability and client relationship.
What we are looking for from you:
- Associate or Technical School Degree, or industrial coating application training such as NACE International CIP level 1; or CIP Level 2 with a minimum of High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a position providing technical service and support to the General Industrial O.E.M. (factory applied coatings) market.
- Prior experience with a wide variety of manual and automated methods for application, metal preparation and pretreating
- Prior experience in developing and initiating technical programs.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements i.e. VOC, HAP with the ability to read and understand Air Permits and unique industry specifications and testing i.e. SSPC, UL, ASTM, etc.
- Specific experience working with “Executive Level” personnel within client’s organization.
- Ability to utilize a consultative approach to meeting client needs at all levels of their organization.
- A background and familiarity with analytical problem-solving tools, i.e. utilizing various root cause analysis approaches to problem solving.
- Thorough understanding of a wide variety of liquid compliant coatings; High Solids, Water Reducible, UV Cure.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, CRM Dynamics, etc.) at a greater than "intermediate" level. Ability to adapt and learn new applications where necessary.
Why work at Marcus?
- Autonomy and flexibility are key elements in working for a small company.
- We are progressive thinkers, with sophisticated lab and testing equipment, and modern technologies to build for our success.
- The commitment to continuing our family legacy started over 160 years ago; our focus remains to treat it everyone as family.
- We focus on long-term relationships with our clients to go the extra mile and provide the best solutions for their needs.
- Our consultative approach incorporates our extensive knowledge and expertise to provide clients with optimal results.
If you are ready to join the Marcus family, provide your resume and cover letter for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- On the road