Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Problem Solver
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employer Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Treasury & Merchant Services and Payments team, within PVSI/CBT Technology, is seeking a senior technical hands on Technology Development Senior Manager whose primary responsibility will be to provide technical direction for the development, design, and integration for Client-Facing Channels for Payments, from definition phase through implementation. The candidate will work with business and internal technology partners to clarify and define technology concepts, requirements, design alternatives, project schedules, and costs for initiatives related to our Payments platform. The selected candidate will be able to demonstrate the experience and keen ability to manage an application within a complex and evolving technology ecosystem. The successful candidate will possess broad technical understanding across multiple domains and deliver through a development partner team that includes on-site and offshore resources. This Manager must be capable of leading the multiple releases in progress and off-release projects that server the WF Wallet road-map and projects that are not in alignment across LOB release time-lines.
This Manager will be tasked with being a leader on technology trends, strong business understanding of processes and procedures, deep understanding of integration design and security patterns, and experience in application rationalization. Qualified candidates should themselves be experts in technology development, and demonstrated team leadership. They will also manage execution for incorporating the technology teams and applications into standard EIT operating model.
- Regular interaction with senior management or executive levels across business and technical disciplines.
- Management of team leads and overall direct responsibility for health of platform
- Leads and executes on strategic technical objectives for Safety & Soundness initiatives across technology platforms.
- Leads teams through technical analysis, design, construction and deployment of highly complex / scalable application projects.
- Acts as the primary liaison to product and business support teams to create solutions quickly in compliance with all technology standards.
- Demonstrated understanding of EIT model and execution responsibility to transition applications, processes and access requirements to align.
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex
- computer platforms and applications.
- Provides design and coding direction to less experienced staff.
- Recruits and trains talented development resources leveraging on and offshore teams.
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as one team to deliver innovative top quality solutions.
- 12+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of management experience in technology
- Experience managing all application development efforts within a medium-size line of business
- Experience effectively interacting with a variety of contacts, primarily with others at the executive level
- Ability to manage large or multiple technology development efforts within a major line of business
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- 7+ years of treasury management experience
- Ability to effectively partner and influence at the executive level
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Management experience in a large corporate, multi-line business organization
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
Other Desired Qualifications
- 15+ years experience providing Application and/or Systems Management of Java/J2EE systems with a concentrated focus on Web, Mobile and REST/SOAP based services and applications
- Knowledge of Microservice development principles
- 7+ years experience leading and building high-performing application development teams in high volume or critical production service environment
- Detailed knowledge of HTTP REST concepts, JSON, JSON Schema, the Swagger JSON REST specification
- Web Security and Authentication systems for large scale sites. User entitlements systems supporting RBAC and ABAC principles
- Modern SDLC concepts and tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Git/GitHub, Artifactory, etc.
- Modern cloud ready development principles, including CI/CD automation, test automation and deployment practices
- Experience with modern software development processes (Agile, Scrum etc.) within a large enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience with payment systems knowledge (ACH/NACHA, Wires, SWIFT) as well as modern Electronic Payment types (Zelle, Apple Pay, Android Pay, Venmo, Square, PayPal etc.)
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS standards and compliance
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St – Charlotte, NC
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd – Summit, NJ
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St – San Francisco, CA
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St – Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.