The Manager is part of a team that may comprise the coach and other personnel such as an assistant coach,
(possibly a physiotherapist and trainer etc).
The importance of interaction between these people cannot be stressed enough. The coach is always in charge of the team. Mutual consent between the manager and coach will often decide who takes the responsibilities for set tasks for team management.
Personnel preferences and strengths need to be considered. Communication and organization are the keys to being a good team manager. You must always be prepared to put the team first and your own interests last. The ideas in this resource are only guidelines.
Not all will be appropriate to every manager’s situation.
Considerations as to whether you manage a team, individual or team of individuals must be taken into account and also the playing level of the team. A summary of the important roles of the manager
1. Support the coach and liaise with matters relating to the team.
2. Organise equipment for team practices and games.
3. Ensure team members know who, when and where they are playing.
4.Organise the distribution and collection of uniforms and ensure they are worn correctly.
5. Coordinate transport arrangements.
6. Ensure the results of matches are passed to the school or club convener.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Commission pay
- Fully Remote
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Remote interview process