A.S.S.I.S.T. Intramural Sports powered by Structured Sports is currently accepting resumes for Lead
Coach for the 2019-2020 school year.
This is independent contractor position making $15/h
A.S.S.I.S.T is seeking professionals for their Lead Coach. A successful Coach will possess strong management skills, strong work ethic, professionalism, and time management skills. All of our applicants should be self motivated, detail oriented, energetic, and have ability to multitask, organize, prioritize, and problem solve.
Primary Job Functions
Lead Coaches will be directly working with newly contracted Support Coaches. Coaches will work alongside Development coaches in organizing structured activities for students, communicating consistently, and effectively teaching character traits to children. and consistently demonstrate the gold standard of ASSIST. They will teach character education through sports to children and newly appointed contractors. These include organizing drills and games for students from various grade and skill levels.
A.S.S.I.S.T. Intramural Sports, was created from the idea that sports help with development of leadership skills and develop critical thinking skills.
We built this program for students to have access to enrichment opportunities outside of the normal school day, together with leadership, sports and physical fitness. Parents and schools desire their children to get exposure to opportunities and also have a safe environment in doing so. We are to be the example for the community. We help them learn fundamentals of blacktop and grass sports that last a lifetime in combination with learning the rules and regulations in a recreational setting with a strong focus on leadership making an unimposing and intimidation free environment.
- Willing to be flexible, creative, take risks and try new options
- Inputting measurable data after each session
- Mastering the 10 Objectives expected of every ASSIST Team Coach
- Communicating with the school site staff
- Communicating with Lead and Enhancement Coaches
- Completion of training guide with newly contracted coaches
- Completion of services at sites alone
- Communicating daily with school staff and other Structured Sports Development Program Contractors both orally and electronically through Group Me, E-Mail, or phone
- Provide due evidence for the continuation of contract for Support Coaches
- Input of progression for Support Coaches
- Following any and all directions and requests given by Enhancement or Development coaches, as well as Directors
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 48 college credits
- Experience in working with children or youth in a school or community-based setting, demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for working 1st – 8th graders.
- Be drug and alcohol-free.
- Ability to pass school district back round check.
- Ability to pass a TB Test.
- Ability to drive program vehicles if needed.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Very strong interpersonal, coordination, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively implement curriculum and program activities with a group of up to 20 students of elementary school age.
- Ability to effectively manage classroom activity and promote responsible student behavior and decision making.
This is a great position for:
- College students
- Teacher credential candidates
- Youth Leaders
- Anyone who wants to work with, inspire and have a great time with kids
Our Coaches are Energetic, leaders, organized and 100% dedicated professionals who ALWAYS go above and beyond. They are responsible for the HEALTH AND SAFETY of all children during our program.
Our Coaches are responsible, leaders, team players who always go the EXTRA MILE. Exemplary leadership is necessary to be a part of the special team of role models family. Our program team is passionate about education and leadership that are driven to providing each student with an experience that is age appropriate, well-balanced, creative, loving and challenging.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity: