As a Teaching Fellow of Believe Memphis Academy Charter School (“Believe” or “the School”), this person will ensure every scholar receives high quality of supports and instruction delivered every single day. The Teaching Fellow is an individual who is committed to our Mission and desires the opportunity to develop their teaching and curriculum knowledge in partnership with a Literacy Teacher, leading a mixture of small group interventions, supporting the general instruction, and getting opportunities to lead whole-class instruction. The Teaching Fellow will report directly to the Director of Curriculum & Instruction or Designee, receiving regular feedback and coaching around his or her instructional, curriculum and leadership capacity.
The commitment for this position begins July 1, 2019. Given the urgent and demanding work of founding a high-performing charter school, however, there will be opportunities and requirements to begin the work before the official start date.
- Strong commitment to and alignment with the Mission, vision, core values of Believe Memphis Academy
- Unwavering belief in the potential that all students can learn paired with an unshakeable conviction to ensure all students will learn
- Ability to deliver high quality instruction in a rigorous, structured, and joyful classroom
- Leadership experience with quantifiable results of success, outperforming peers in parallel fields and markets
- Ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where responsibility for student success is shared and owned by everyone
- Commitment to solutions-based problem solving
- Expertise and love of instructional content
- Work alongside Literacy Teacher in planning, teaching, and reflecting of content/grade(s) assigned. This means completing and submitting intellectually prepared planning documents by the stated deadline on an on-going basis, applying the feedback given before teaching each lesson, being receptive to coaching and feedback on the execution of lessons, and tracking data to create further instruction and intervention plans for scholars
- In regards to intellectually prepared planning documents, create lesson plans that are aligned to rigorous benchmark assessments and tied to state and nationally standardized assessments and standards, with key points, anticipated scholar error, and exemplar responses
- Lead reading intervention, enrichment groups, clubs, and/or extra tutoring as directed by DCI
- Take an active role in building positive scholar and team culture of the entire School, every minute of every day that is aligned to Mission, vision, and core values of Believe Memphis Academy
- Implement regularly shared feedback with grace and urgency for the betterment of scholar achievement, promoting positive school culture, and upholding professional team culture
- Communicate respectfully and collaboratively with families on consistent basis
- Work collaboratively within a team to implement instructional and cultural plans that support the Mission, vision, core values of the School
- Demonstrate a Mission-first mindset to ensure all decisions and actions are rooted in ensuring all scholars are prepared to excel in high school, thrive and college, and lead lives of excellence
Compensation for this position will be comensurate with experience and will include a stipend for graduate courses toward licensure and a Master of Arts in Teaching.