IdentiFi (www.identificareers.com) is conducting a search for a growing regional CPA firm in Chattanooga, Tennessee in need of a Supervisor – Management Advisory Services. Our client is offering a strong compensation package, great work/life balance, a modern and casual working environment, and competitive benefits.
Travel Requirement: Minimal
Position Type: Full Time
IdentiFi Contact: José A. Russell
Provide support to business owners with knowledge and foresight needed to strategically advise and navigate: complex financial decisions, business planning, strategic growth, forecasts and modeling.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Track project stages of mergers and acquisitions from planning to implementation and advise management of tax consequences
2. Guide complex methods of financing, tax and strategic planning as well as operation support
3. Year end tax planning assistance in regards to succession planning and estate and trust consulting
4. Serve as a supervisor for up to 5+ accounting and tax professionals while also training and developing current and new staff in advisory services
5. Keep management updated on opportunities for department growth through investing time and commitment to current clients and seeking out new ones
6. Monitor, analyze and ensures accurate tax recording in the company’s financial accounting system
7. Identify individual contributor tax advisory skill expertise and delegate / leverage work appropriately
8. Serve as a key consultant finalizing terms and conditions related to the management and advisory transactions
9. Other duties as assigned by department manager
Education – Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or Marketing, CPA preferred
Experience – Minimum of 5 years’ experience with advisory skills and ability to multitask while solving complex issues. Legal background with ability to interpret and write various purchase agreements. Prioritize in order to meet planned and changing deadlines.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities – Proficient in accounting software with strong writing capabilities and excellent Excel skills. Tax experience in one or more of the areas preferred: automotive dealerships, real estate, manufacturing and distribution, merger and acquisition advisory and business start up services. Strong attention to detail with excellent accuracy of all information. Ability to present information both orally and in writing. Motivated to work in a team environment or as an individual contributor. Must have initiative and the ability to advise on quality decisions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule