We are currently seeking an experienced Tax Manager to join our team in downtown Chicago, IL. This position is a fast track to PARTNER.
We are a licensed boutique; full service public accounting firm specializing exclusively in the securities/futures industry with a diverse global clientele. Primarily comprised of experienced CPAs and MBAs, we currently serve a wide variety of Hedge Funds, Commodity Pools, Private Investment Funds, Commodity Trading Advisors, Registered Investment Advisors, and Broker/Dealers as well as assist clients with Introducing Brokers and Futures accounting, fund administration, tax, systems and regulatory matters. Primarily comprised of experienced CPAs and MBAs, we currently serve a wide variety of Hedge Funds, Commodity Pools, Private Investment Funds, Commodity Trading Advisors, Registered Investment Advisors, Broker/Dealers, Introducing Brokers and Futures accounting, fund administration, tax, systems and regulatory matters.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Review of federal, state and local income taxes for partnerships, S corporations, C corporations and individuals. Includes primarily, but is not limited to, the equity securities and commodity industries.
- Review of tax calculations, including estimated tax payments, forecasts, financial accounting estimates of tax, and various informational reporting forms (Form 1099, Form 1042, and FBAR filings)
- Assist in the preparation of internal memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, private letter rulings and other documents for submission to the IRS, Treasury Department, or state departments
- Ensure client adherence to compliance-related deadlines with regards to extensions, tax estimate requirements, tax return filings and other tax related services
- Coordinate with Tax, A&A personnel, and Fund Administration on engagements regarding identified and ongoing tax issues
- Assist the Tax Partner with researching various complex tax concepts and communicating the results with the client
- Manage all tax staff, client expectations, client deadlines, time and tax department responsibilities
- Build new and existing client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business Identify expanded service opportunities with existing clients through client peer networking Participate in trade, industry or professional groups including leadership positions providing the opportunity for professional growth and promotion of firm services
- Develop and nurture external referral networks for prospective clients
- Development in-house tax training programs on various topics and teach those concepts to both the tax and accounting departments
- Identify ways to improve the tax department processes and ability to use current technology to enhance the effectiveness of our deliverables and services Inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Self-starter with high energy and a positive attitude
- Detail-oriented and strong ability to multi-task various tax engagements and needs
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Ability to meet client and Federal/state deadlines for all required filings and manage time well Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA Certification with a Master of Science in Taxation a plus 6+ year’s prior tax experience in public accounting with an emphasis on hedge fund/private equity
- Significant supervisory experience (2-4 years plus)
- Experience preparing complex individual, partnership and corporate federal tax returns Proficient with CCH Pro System FX and strong QuickBooks skills Proficient with CCH and BNA research tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
The position reports directly to:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary depending on experience and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please contact us to learn about our current openings at [email protected]