SUMMARY: The Talent Engagement Agent will be responsible for a wide range of administrative, cultural, customer services, recruiting, and talent engagement activities. The right candidate will enjoy problem-solving with people, to make them feel valued, and work with site leadership on improving internal processes to attract, onboard and retain employees. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Establishing connections with new recruitment sites and hubs in the community, creating new opportunities and solutions to attract new talent, being the liaison between the newly hired employees and the organization, supporting the leaders during the onboarding and engagement of new hires, scheduling events for potential employees, coordinating onsite and phone interviews with hiring managers and prospective candidates, and provide overall positive communication to all employees. This position will be located at the facility, generally during standard office hours. This candidate will play a key role in Trussway’s continued effort to create a welcoming and engaging culture within the organization, and ensure every employee feels valued.
Safety – Observe and follow safety and security procedures designed to ensure the safety of our employees.
High Performance – Consistently perform at a high level and with a sense of urgency.
Integrity & Honesty – Demonstrate and enforce full compliance to rules, regulations and standards in a candid, truthful and ethical manner.
Focus – Stays on task to achieve goals and objectives even during difficult and stressful situations.
Teamwork – Cooperatively works with team members to solve problems, identify waste, and meet organizational goals.
- Plan and implement, together with the PM and OM, the facility’s talent acquisition strategy;
- Develop a program for talent benchmarking, talent assessment, and interviewing;
- Conduct sourcing and recruiting activities in order to fill open positions;
- Support OM’s and PM’s analysis of organizational development and anticipate future employment needs ;
- Design and manage recruitment and selection processes (resume screening, screening calls, interviews etc.);
- Reviews employment applications and background check reports;
- Onboard new hires and create the first connection with peers and supervisors;
- Be fully present at the plant/shop floor environment engaging with employees;
- Administer and submit all hiring paperwork for new employees;
- Serve as a brand ambassador at various events, like career fairs or on-campus recruiting events;
- Represent company internally and externally at events with a goal of networking and relationship building with potential candidate communities, such as local markets, consulates, sports events, churches, cultural events;
- Counsel the candidate on corporate benefits, salary, and corporate environment;
- Build long-term relationships with past and potential candidates;
- Build long-term relationships with employees at all levels;
- Manage respective candidate pools to ensure qualified candidates remain engaged in current or future opportunities;
- Actively participate in plant’s social and celebratory events;
- Generate monthly updates for the company’s leadership about upcoming talent acquisition, development and retention initiatives;
- Create monthly reports on key talent acquisition, development and retention metrics;
- Support training, development and career programs together with the Plant Manager and Operations Manager;
- Communicate regularly with the HR department, Plant Manager, Production Clerk and Operations Manager to get a clear view of the company’s hiring needs and organizational goals;
- Work closely with marketing department to develop creative ways for addressing talent acquisition and engagement challenges;
- Proactively seek market intelligence to gain competitive advantage in attraction, assessment and sourcing methodologies;
- Suggest new ideas for improving talent acquisition and engagement activities;
- Research talent acquisition and engagement trends in the industry;
- Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Will assist Plant Manager on personnel and employee relations matters.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Previous working experience dealing with big audiences and unknown people.
- Previous experience with Talent Acquisition and engagement is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of candidate selection methods
- Excellent understanding of full-cycle recruitment processes
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Impactful presentation style
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Creative thinker and proactive problem solver
- A positive, “can do” attitude
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Must have means of transportation.
No direct reports
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college or university program certificate; or 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willing to develop Leadership Skills
- Fluent in Spanish all four skills – Read, write, speak, listen.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in English.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, type and use mouse; reach with hands and arms; and talk and/or hear. The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment; however, may be needed at a field location due to concerns or issues with a design.
Monday-Friday 7 am to 5 pm – with possible schedule changes as needed.
Minimum travel required.