Open Until Filled
This position provides senior level expertise to management, and implementation, development, and support of enterprise technologies, services, and solutions for the Wyoming State Government to include Active Directories, DNS, enterprise storage, and enterprise virtual environment.
Human Resource Contact: 307-214-5835
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Performs system optimization and improvement planning
- Ensures 24×7 uptime for all enterprise applications services
- Designs and develops reporting systems as requested
- Administers the implementation of Microsoft Active Directory services
- Develops and communicates enterprise standards and procedures
- Assists with enterprise storage administration, implementation, and troubleshooting
- Assists with enterprise virtual environment administration, implementation, and troubleshooting
- Senior technical advisor to others within the organization
- Assists with broader scope incidents with greater possibility of impact to the enterprise
- Works with other senior level technical specialists to create new infrastructure and applications to enhance the services provided by ETS
- Provides troubleshooting and resolution of complex, critical, and sensitive support issues in the enterprise environment
Preference may be given to those with 4+ years experience in Active Directory and DNS functions and how they are administered.
Preference may be given to those with 4+ years experience in storage systems.
Preference may be given to those with 3+ years experience in enterprise virtualization management.
Preference may be given to those with 3+ years experience in virtualization backup technology and infrastructure.
Preference may be given to those with 3+ years experience in basic networking concepts including layer 2 and layer 3 functions and the ability to troubleshoot issues impacting the enterprise systems
- Expert Knowledge of Active Directory and DNS functions and how they are administered.
- Practical knowledge of storage administration.
- Practical Knowledge enterprise virtualization management
- Practical knowledge of virtualization backup technology and infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Basic networking concepts including layer 2 and layer 3 functions
Bachelor’s Degree (typically in Computer Technology)
1-2 years of progressive work experience in Systems and Infrastructure with acquired knowledge at the level of a Systems Technologist III
Education & Experience Substitution:
4-6 years of progressive work experience in Systems and Infrastructure with acquired knowledge at the level of a Systems Technologist III
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.