Location/Division Specific Information
Join the forefront of innovation in genetic analysis for research & clinical applications. Our teams develop platforms, consumables, and reagents that help bring criminals to justice, ensure reproductive health, accelerate disease research, advance methods for syndromic testing of infectious diseases and viruses, and keep the world’s food supply safe. As the leading provider of genetic analysis solutions and leveraging the resources of a $24B enterprise, our technologies have great impact worldwide. And as a member of our team, you can play a critical role in helping us fulfill our global mission of making the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
How will you make an impact?
You will lead system definition & system integration aspects of product development in collaboration with highly technical and specialized engineering professionals and scientists to develop instruments and applications for our world class qPCR, Capillary Electrophoresis, Rapid DNA, and Microarray platforms in both RUO and IVD markets.
What will you do?
- Exercise judgement and experience in qPCR assays to understand customer needs and goals to deliver on optimal product requirements on performance
- Partner with technical leads in chemistry, assay design, and system hardware to design products and conduct/facilitate performance trades between the different technical disciples to deliver optimized product performance
- Work with a team to develop new highly multiplexed IVD qPCR assays including data analysis, troubleshooting and optimization
- Work with a team to develop new automated qPCR systems including integration, troubleshooting and optimization
- Technical lead for troubleshooting interface between system and application challenges
- Contribute to data-driven decision making by designing multifactorial experiments, analyzing, and presenting results
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s degree in Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Computer Science, Bioengineering or related technical discipline; Master’s or PhD degree is highly preferred
- 5+ years experience with life science instrumentation, consumables, and assays in R&D setting, preferably in genomics
- 2+ years experience serving regulated markets in a commercial environment
- Experience in Bioinformatics
- Strong computational analysis utilizing Matlab, Python, etc.
- Experience in developing/analyzing multiplexed PCR and qPCR assays and the full product development life cycle process through customer care is highly preferred
- Successful track record in delivering RUO and IVD products with a thorough understanding of quality systems
- Hands on lab experience including nucleic acid sample extraction, purification, preparation and characterization from a variety of biological sources
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing programs/projects and priorities
- Foster collaborative relationships and builds credibility across leadership teams
- Maintain a high level of professional expertise through familiarity with current engineering/scientific literature, competing technologies, and/or products as well as attendance of seminars and meetings
- Ability to travel up to 25%, domestic or internationally
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com