- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 1 year of Microsoft Windows Server or Linux operating systems experience.
- At least 1 year of system, network, and/or application administration.
- Technical certification (e.g. CCNA/CCNP, RHCE, AWS CSA, etc.) may substitute for required education
The Global IT Support Team (GIT) is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to ensure end-to-end management of our global project request and intake and project portfolio management system. You will be working in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. You must be flexible and adapt well to a wide range of tasks and technologies.
Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills and has a track record of supporting enterprise technologies while building and automating tools. Exposure to supporting large-scale enterprise systems while inventing new ways to bring self-service features to customers. The ability to interact with partners and customers on a global scale is required. A self-starter that can act autonomously to deliver on the team and organizational projects.
In this role, you’ll drive the strategy, execution, and management of our Workfront project management system. This position will require someone with a deep understanding of Workfront architecture, processes, products, and overall best practices. At Amazon, it is expected that your technical knowledge demonstrates both depth and breadth. Leveraging the strengths of individual team members as peers and delegating tasks appropriately within the group for long term projects will all be critical tasks for this role.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in systems administration: automation, tool integration, testing, security, scaling operational support, self-repair, and documentation
- Configure, maintain, and manage Workfront workflows, request queues, user accounts, custom fields, dashboards, reports and third party integrations
- Conduct ongoing business analysis and design, coordinate change management activities and handle escalations of corporate end-user support
- Design systems management solutions using automation and self-repair, rather than alarming
- Implement enhancements and roll out new features; such as data modeling, object modeling, page layout and template design, and rule logic definition in the context of the Workfront application
- Provide the ability to track the health of our services, as well as identify, prioritize and fix problems in complex systems with global or regional scale
- Monitor and work service queues and coordinate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Assist in data cleansing to ensure successful completion and delivery of reports and dashboards
- Support the on-boarding of working groups and participate/develop/deliver training on supported applications and ongoing management of user licenses and granting/modifying/removing access to supported applications
- Participate in and/or lead short projects (
- Schedule meetings, develop and communicate agendas, and document and communicate meeting minutes and action items
- Track and ensure completion of meeting action items and outstanding issues
- Maintain status on a list of tasks/activities; publish status on a regular cadence if it is not available in real-time
- Experience in Networking (DNS, TCP/IP). Understanding of the concepts of Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- 1 to 2 years’ experience with practical Linux system administration at an enterprise level
- Industry experience focusing on systems engineering and scripting/automation in real-world production environments
- Proficiency in at least one high level scripting language (Perl, Python, or Ruby)
- Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Experience working in mission-critical, operations support environment amongst geographically dispersed teams
- 2 or more years experience integrating and working with Workfront or comparable intake/portfolio work management tool(s)
- Experience with AWS technologies and services including industry certification (AWS Solutions Architect, AWS DevOps Engineer, AWS SysOps Admin)
- Proven ability to operate effectively in high pressure situations and successfully handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to interact with other teams to diagnose and solve technical problems
- Experience driving large, cross-organization initiatives
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (can’t suffer from “analysis paralysis”)
- Experience with vulnerability risk and impact assessment
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, are very applicable and helpful
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role