Title: System Administrator
Location: Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) in Charlotte, NC
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an exciting recruitment opportunity for a System Administrator at Charlotte Douglas International Airport in Charlotte, NC. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
FLSA Status and Hours: This is a full time, salaried, non-exempt position with great hours: 9AM to 5:30PM. (There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will undertake an element of overtime which is also detailed in our offer of employment). Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an interview.
About Us: ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Excellent healthcare benefits: Medical and Dental
- 401K including an employer match
- Paid time-off and sickness leave
- Paid Military Leave
Position Overview: ServiceTec International, the world’s leading provider of Managed IS Services, is currently seeking applicants for a highly-qualified BHS (Baggage Handling System) Systems Administrator in Charlotte, NC. This role is responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of local Baggage Handling System(s). This role will also provide automation administration expertise and skills for the baggage sortation systems and assigned conveyor systems. Ensures high availability of baggage and conveyor systems. Troubleshoots to isolate technical/controls issues to ensure CLT Airport can effectively and efficiently process baggage.
- Maintaining BHS real-time performance.
- Managing the maintenance windows and software updates for related BHS Servers.
- Maintain backup solution and periodically plan and perform test restorations of critical physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software problems.
- Plan and test high availability failover and fault tolerance of critical server infrastructure during planned maintenance windows.
- Manage all moves, adds, changes, and deletes for critical server infrastructure component architecture.
- Maintain critical and important security updates for physical machines, virtual machines, and workstations within the infrastructure scope.
- Support and maintain production and non-production environments.
- Create reports, dashboards, and processes to monitor and analyze availability and performance metrics.
- Submit Time Sheets, Expense claims and all other forms correctly completed and within any stated deadlines.
- Attend Customer and internal meetings as directed by local Management.
- Ensure that local Management is aware of any unusual events that may have an adverse impact on service delivery or the company reputation. Ensure that escalation procedures are adhered to.
- Perform other duties as directed by CLT Airport IT Department or ServiceTec.
- Maintain and update all KPI logs as outlined by Operations Manager.
- Assist if needed with management of user accounts, permissions, access rights, storage allocations in accordance with process and procedures.
Minimum requirements include:
- Minimum Associates degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of IT technical experience.
- Knowledge of Preventive Maintenance (PM) business processes; SQL Server and database concepts / SQL query / SQL Reporting Services; Crystal Reports; MS Office; Network and security concepts.
- PLC experience in networked environments with focus on baggage handling systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Formal Education and Certification:
- University degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- A+, Network +, MCSE and/or MCSA Certifications preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks on time.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Able to work successfully in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Friendly and personable.
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity – ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 35 lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
For Immediate consideration, please send in your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations which be treated in confidence.
ServiceTec International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state, and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regards to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, and seasonal or contract.
The company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
We are thankful to receive any applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application will be held on file indefinitely, if you wish to have your personal data removed, please follow the instructions in the application acknowledgement email you will receive.