NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE) is a multi-award winning company founded in 1999. NETE is a full service Information Technology (IT) company dedicated to providing value focused consulting to the Federal Government and the Biomedical Research and Health IT Sector. NETE offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail-oriented System Administrator who will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of hardware and software and related infrastructure in McLean, VA. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational expectations of availability and performance. This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. Participation in projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle. The individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support DS infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management.
- Experience working in cloud platform.
- Perform installation, maintenance, and upgrades of Atlassian Tools such as Jira, Confluence, HipChat, GitHub, and Splunk.
- Perform system monitoring and maintenance, including system administration on primarily Linux systems.
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure, including reviewing system and application logs.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale
- Support, maintain, and troubleshoot production issues or alerts.
- Create and administrate user and manage service accounts.
- Coordinate with other teams such as Administrators, Network Operations (OPS), Incidence Response Teams (IRT), Penetration/Security testing teams.Develop and maintain configuration management solutions.
- Manage Tier II and Tier III ticket escalations and perform on-call duties as needed.
- Provide assistance to other Administrators and/or Engineers when requested.
- Work with Atlassian Support team and/or Atlassian Add-on marketplace team members to resolve any security issues, upgrades or any other types of issues
- Manage time and tasks as assigned by manager/team lead
- Manage capacity planning, perform power audits and ensure appropriate supply of power to all equipment
- Monitor all issues and escalate issue to appropriate teams or coordinate to ensure effective resolution
- Maintain standards of service levels, ensure response within timeframe, and manage all available services
- Ensure compliance with security regulations of client environments.
- Apply Operating System patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure and add new services as necessary.
- US Citizens or Permanent Residents only
- Bachelor s degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- 4-6 years of pure system administration experience.
- Atlassian tools experience, a must.
- Knowledge of GitHub Enterprise, a must.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix/Linux, a plus.
- Amazon Cloud Certification and any other DevOps Certification, a plus.
- Atlassian Tools certification, a plus.
- Knowledge of Splunk administration and configuration, a plus.
- Clear, professional communication skills, experience in communicating with users, and able to contribute to team discussions.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills, and the ability to apply creative engineering and analytical skills to resolve system problems.
- Experience with CentOS/RHEL instances in AWS and Azure environments.
- Knowledge of MFA, VPN and forced tunneling in AWS and Azure environments.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Free parking at corporate offices
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through UHC national network
- Dental coverage through UHC national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE) uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States.
NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE) is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law in terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
NETE is an Employer of National Service and encourages alumni of AmeriCorps and Peace Corps to apply for positions at our organization.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual s assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.