Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1:
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.610000: Bargaining Unit: ACE Associates
Operates computer switchboard for all communications. Uses computer system to access patient information and pages all emergency calls on an Amcom Smart Console. Accurately overhead announces all emergency codes and responds to all requests for information in a timely and professional manner.
- High School diploma or GED
- One (1) year office computer experience and one (1) year professional customer service experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Must be able to understand English and comprehend oral instruction.
Skilled in Microsoft Office or similar computer program.
Typing skill of at least 40-50 wpm.
Ability to communicate on phone and overhead pager in a courteous and professional manner.
Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and exercise good judgment and decision making skills.
- Must be able to deal with the public, medical staff and hospital personnel in a courteous and professional manner.
Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
Ability to exercise good judgment in decision making.
- Normal temperature, lighting and space, typical of most office jobs.