HCA has been recognized as a World’s Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized knowledge and skills required for the role of the pre-operative admissions specialist.
- Displays consistent professional and courteous telephone skills. Retrieves voicemail messages and returns calls promptly.
- Performs preoperative patient phone calls to collect preadmission patient information and to provide appropriate pre-operative instructions to patient. Documents information in patient chart as appropriate. **Facilities using Source One Passport or other online preadmission assessment tool will handle pre-admission process in accordance with facility policy/practice.
- Ensures that H/P is a complete full examination of all body systems and dated within 30-days prior to procedure.
- Ensures that H/P, orders for the procedure, and consent form are consistent prior to placing in medical chart.
- Refers patient information to anesthesia when history indicates need.
- Reports test abnormalities and any other pertinent information to surgeon, anesthesiologist, operating room staff, and other pre-operative area staff as necessary.
- Compiles patient chart to ensure that all required documentation is immediately available (consents, orders, H/P, diagnostic studies, etc.)