Prairie Ridge Integrated Behavioral Healthcare is a private, not-for-profit corporation providing quality substance abuse and mental health treatment along with prevention services to individuals and families throughout the Midwest. Since our founding in 1969, the foundation of our care is dignity and respect for those we serve.
This position works daytime hours.
-Treat all individuals with dignity and respect while maintaining agency standards of confidentiality, professionalism and objectivity.
-Maintain all HIPAA and 42 CFR confidentiality requirements and regulations as outlined in CARF policies and procedures.
-Answer the telephone and route calls to appropriate staff.
-Schedule and maintain staff appointments through use of agency software program.
-Greet the public and agency clientele.
-Perform secretarial/transcription duties for clinical and administrative staff, as assigned.
-Open and dispense mail; mail outgoing correspondence daily.
-Maintain supply of office forms as needed.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable with computers, as you will be using a computer with various Microsoft Office as well as other industry specific programs for the majority of the day, while always maintaining the confidentiality of each patient. In addition, be comfortable with multi-tasking, answering the phone while completing data entry and greeting patients.
Confidentiality with patient information, the ability to learn quickly, and ability to be a warm, compassionate, and positive representation to our visitors of Prairie Ridge is a must for the ideal candidate we are looking for.
Prairie Ridge provides competitive wages, paid time off, and generous cafeteria benefit plan that totals $8820 for a calendar year for Full-Time employees.
1. Understanding of the mission of Prairie Ridge and the clients we work with.
2. Prior experience working support staff within the medical field.
3. Proficiency in managing manual and computerized data collection systems.
4. Proficiency in typing, filing and office skills, as well as oral and written communication skills while multitasking with other duties as they arise.
5. Ability to meet the public and agency clientele in a warm, helpful manner.
6. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is often required to stand, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance.
7. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or more up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep front desk staff as safe as possible, we have installed permanent clear plastic barriers between the support staff and patients who approach the desk area for help. Also, everyone who enters the building must have a mask and temperature taken.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical records: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Running errands
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place