Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complete intake and assessment on all families referred to CMHA Shelter Program, identifying issues pertaining to current housing and barriers to accessing and maintaining permanent housing.
- Implement all procedures that ensure the health, safety, and well being of families we support including doing rounds of the property and apartments.
- Implement all procedures that ensure physical safety and cleanliness of the program.
- Provide intervention in the event of a dispute or crisis on the property.
- Notify Manager and proper authorities of any violence or threat to the health and safety of families in program or the neighbors of the facility.
- Interact with families in a respectful, supportive manner and encourage families to exercise good judgment while at the program.
- Maintain up to date records of all certificates and documents in an organized manner in the office.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers and the general public and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Assist families to access, and/or provide, all needed transportation.
- Review and complete all required documentation of pertinent information /incidents occurring on shift. Complete all required paperwork.
- Participate in supervision, team, and other assigned meetings.
- Set an example for program families of responsibility and professionalism.
- Acquire and maintain all required certifications.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by Executive Director, Shelter Director, or Designee
Position Requirements at Time of Hire:
Bachelor’s degree in Social Services preferred. Alternative education and experience may be substituted for degree. High School diploma and valid driver’s license required.
- Three years experience working in Human Services preferably in areas of homelessness and housing
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing homeless families
- Willingness and ability to work with diverse
Special Skills and Competencies:
- A demonstrated ability to motivate, support and advocate for people.
- Ability to work within a team.
- A demonstrated ability to motivate, support, empower and advocate without judgment in working with families served.
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with community partners.
- Maintain strong professional demeanor and practice strong ethics in position.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding staff and all families served at all times.
- Ability to develop and learn new skills.
- A demonstrated ability to complete needed tasks (computer skills, transportation of clients, navigate multi-level properties)
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
Job Type: Part-time