Responsible for the safe operation of hospital vehicles in accordance with Hospital policy and New York State Laws. loads, unloads, transports and delivers hospital supplies, materials, and equipment. Maintains all required logs, vehicle inspections and maintains vehicle cleanliness. May be required to assist in per-forming other functions within Supply Chain in support of patient care and business needs.
- One to two years’ experience as a driver of vehicles over 24,000 lbs., 6-12 months experience materials handling.
- Proven ability demonstrated by past work experience, computer training preferred, ability to multitask.
- High School diploma/GED.
- New York State driver’s license Class B, with safe/clean driving record.
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Read, write English, ability to follow oral and written instructions, use of calculator, general office equipment, basic math and communication skills, oral and written, proven ability to work as a team member.
- Must participate in the Hospital’s Random Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.