The Operations Manager directs the overall business operation of the camp, including purchasing, Facebook communications, camper email service, photography, customer service, and financial records. The position involves considerable independent work as well as being an effective member of a team.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Oversee the inventory and ordering of business, program, and office supplies and arrange for the routine maintenance of the camp business equipment.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and place appropriate orders.
- Ensure office equipment is in good operating condition.
- Promote practices that seek to reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle as much as possible.
- Manage petty cash, recommend purchases, and perform shopping function as needed for all camp supplies.
2. Manage all customer service and communication functions with customers and vendors.
- Aid in answering phones and e-mail communications related to camper registrations, parental and general camp operational questions.
- Refer concerns to camp director.
- Print, sort, and delivery camper emails throughout the summer.
- Update Camp Facebook page consistently with appropriate messaging.
3. Assist in the management and record keeping of camper information.
- Record, file, summarize, and prepare reports related to camper registrations.
- Distribute incoming mail.
- Coordinate online camper evaluations using council iPads.
- Take unit photographs and order the photos to be distributed by Store Manager.
- Take candid photographs throughout the summer to have a vast amount for recruitment publications for next year.
4. Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
- Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures.
- Set a good example to campers and others in regard to general camp procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship.
Other Job Duties:
The Operations Manager participates in duties such as staff meetings and special celebrations. The Operations manager will participate in other duties as assigned to help plan and implement a successful camp program.
The Operations Manager has an open line of communication with the Camp Director to assist in the proper and efficient operation of all camp business practices. On-going communication with other administrative staff is imperative to ensure appropriate supplies are available for program events and activities of the camp.
Computers, printers, scanners, copier, fax machine, and telephones.