Here at ON Semiconductor we take great pride in our internship program and the efforts we take to provide students with hands-on industry experience. We provide competitive pay, medical benefits, various networking event opportunities, and flexible hours based on school schedule. ON Semiconductor is seeking a self-driven and motivated professional to join their Power Solutions Group team, located in Phoenix, AZ. As a Technical Marketing Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with the various product lines within PSG creating technical marketing collateral to support the sales team. Working within a team setting provides the opportunity to collaborate with a wide range of people with different professional backgrounds exposing the fun, but professional culture of this business. This role will give you the opportunity to learn technological trends across multiple markets from the perspective of a top U.S. discrete semiconductor supplier.
This opportunity will ask a student to have the following performance objectives:
- Develop application block diagrams for our focus markets (Industrial, Automotive, & Wireless) that highlight relevant PSG products in. Portfolio includes: bipolar transistors, diodes, rectifiers, IGBTs, FETs, ESD, EMI, surge protection, modules, standard logic, LDOs, Op Amps, opto, EEPROM.
- Collaboratively create technical marketing collateral that highlights differentiating features of new products.
- Creation of sample kits of key new products that enable quick access for customers to evaluate PSG devices.
- Review customer design opportunities with the sales team to identify additional products to attach to the customer’s program.
- Conduct product teardowns to gain specific knowledge of potential customer opportunities
- Assist with the development in building a customer strategy by mapping ON’s technology with the future needs of customers.
- Perform competitive cross referencing.
In order to be considered for an internship, you must be a student currently enrolled in school pursuing an accredited degree program. This position is specifically looking for a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Degree.
Currently taking sophomore or junior level engineering classes
Excellent interpersonal, sales and presentation skills.
Ability to consolidate complex information to a simple and effective view
Self-driven with the motivation to do what is necessary to win in a very competitive market.
Ability to effectively work with both business and engineering teams.
Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Phoenix
Work Locations: USAZ01 ON HDQTRS US8 5005 E McDowell Rd Phoenix 85008
Job Posting: May 8, 2019, 4:55:43 PM