Provides assistance to the classroom teacher in the management, instruction, and personal care of students; performs related tasks as required and directed; all work is performed under the direction and supervision of the classroom teacher(s).
- Provides assistance to the classroom teacher working with students for learning activities, personal care, positioning, and recreational activities.
- Performs other related duties as designated by the classroom teacher(s).
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Compassionate understanding of and genuine concern for children with multiple disabilities and their families
- Ability to communicate with students, staff members, families and others in a cordial and professional manner
- Ability to work in an educational setting in a confidential and professional manner
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting, stooping
- Daily lifting, movement, and transferring of students is required
- Team/mechanical lifting of students and or equipment and materials
- Movement of students by wheelchairs and other mechanical devices is required
- Other limited physical activities may be required
- Occasional travel with students on field trips may be necessary
- Physical contact with and/or possible exposure to bodily fluids may occur
- This is a per diem position.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $19.00 – $23.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
All employees wear masks. Air purifiers in rooms. Increased cleaning procedures. Limited visitors allowed in building. Daily temperature checks and health screenings. Social distancing.
- Special Education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
Company’s Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible