Are you looking to find personal and professional fulfillment, and align your career with your values?
At Gateway Foundation, our employees have an opportunity to make a difference every day by helping people with substance abuse issues gain control of their lives.
Gateway Foundation is a recognized non-profit leader in evidence-based treatment proven to get results. Our experts in Addiction Medicine—including highly educated clinical and medical professionals and expert psychiatrists and nurses—deliver care that never stops. Throughout Gateway’s proud history of helping others, dedicated and professional employees have been vital to accomplishing our life-saving mission. Read more about the incredible recognition that we recieved!
If you are a collaborative professional who shares our commitment to helping people with substance abuse and mental health issues turn their lives around – GATEWAY IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!
Residential Substance Abuse Counselors are responsible for:
- Preparing and facilitating group counseling sessions, educational programs, and lectures to assist clients in meeting therapeutic goals
- Conducting individual counseling to provide crises intervention, support & guidance, and address client behaviors and personal problems
- Documenting clients’ progress and responses to treatment
- Maintaining client records; ensuring records are complete, accurate, and up to date
- Monitoring clients in medication self-administration
- Ensuring client safety and well-being
- Monitoring client behavior during social, recreational, or daily activities
- Enforcing house rules
- Scheduling, coordinating and transporting clients to appointments and maintaining the vehicle
- Collecting urine samples and administering breathalyzer
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field preferred (High school diploma or equivalency required)
- Minimum 6 months of previous experience in substance abuse or mental health counseling required
- Current IL certification as a substance abuse counselor (CADC) or higher licensure (LPC, LSW) required for Level 2 and 3 Counseling jobs
- Related work experience with a program specific population (adolescent/adult) in a residential treatment setting required
- Ability to walk and move about the facilities for up to two hours at a time, to monitor and interact with clients.
- Ability to speak with others in order to exchange information and provide counseling.
- Ability to record, proofread and check documents and files for accuracy on a regular basis.
- Ability to use a keyboard and video display terminal to receive, retrieve, and/or audit information and data on a regular basis.
- Ability to respond to telephones, and to hear and detect alarms and unusual noises.
- Ability to drive an automobile or van; remain alert to traffic conditions, and to identify and comply with traffic signals and signs
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
Gateway Foundation values its employees and provides an inclusive and diverse work environment where dedicated employees can make a difference. We are committed to engaging and rewarding our employees in meaningful ways. For eligible employees, we provide a Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Health Insurance – Including a wellness premium incentive opportunity
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Including 18 days of PTO and 9 paid holidays in the first year
- Catastrophic Absence Time (CAT) – Accrue up to seven days annually, to be used during an extended personal illness
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with company match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gateway is a qualified employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.