Typical responsibilities and duties of the Substance Abuse Counselor position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage a case load of clients voluntarily and involuntarily engaged in individual counseling sessions and group counseling sessions
- Conduct individual counseling sessions and group counseling sessions of individuals voluntarily and involuntarily participating in such sessions.
- Assist with the development of counseling programs designed to aid the rehabilitation and social adjustment of clients.
- · Determine the need for and facilitate client referral to other programs and/or services
- Assist licensed staff in developing and implementing programs to help in the rehabilitation of clients.
- Assist clients in developing the appropriate plans for treatment.
- Perform intake duties, including assessing the appropriate fee based on the financial resources of each client.
- Review their files and the files of fellow counselors for the quality of documentation
- Arrange for medical and laboratory services, vocational counseling, legal and other needed services.
- Assist with providing crisis intervention and prevention services.
- Maintain social data records to meet casework and accountability requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of administrative reports concerning caseload, program statistics and related items.
- Attend training sessions, staff development and other in-service training as directed by management.
- Create timely and accurate documentation of client progress pursuant to program guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sixty semester or 90 quarter units of college level course work in psychology, sociology, counseling, human behavior or a related field. One year experience in counseling/advising a chemical dependent population. Free of any non-medical drug usage for a minimum of 3 years.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Certification (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place