Codeverse™ is the world’s first fully interactive coding school and educational tech platform built for kids. Our mission? To teach a billion kids to code!
We’ve built engaging and intuitive tools (including a super cool, real programming language called KidScript!) to make learning to code approachable, fun, and rewarding.
Our curriculum is designed for kids as young as 6 and introduces all the foundations of computer programming while incorporating creativity, design principles, and mechanics.
Our fully interactive studio is packed with cutting-edge technology ranging from robot arms to 3D printers to concert lights. The studio offers after school and weekend classes as well as camps.
Codeverse offers daily after school and weekend coding sessions for kids from 1st through 8th grade. Each 75-minute session offers kids coding opportunities in KidScript using iPads and iMacs as well as interaction with studio tech and robotics. Kids learn through exploring missions (tutorials) as well as building open-ended projects and games.
During sessions, instructors act as crew members that guide and motivate kids to immerse themselves in the Codeverse curriculum. Instructors have real-time visibility into the work of each student to help engage students based on their unique learning style and pace.
Codeverse offers weeklong camp sessions all summer and throughout the school year breaks for kids from 1st to 8th grade. Much like the classes, the camps are meant to introduce kids to the concepts of coding as well as give them an opportunity to explore the tech in the studio. Camps run from 9AM to 3PM with additional early drop-off and late pickup hours. Each camp session has up to 30 kids.
We’re looking to hire the absolute best kind of people to join our team and be the face of our studio. We want to ensure that anyone who walks into our studio has an extremely positive experience whether they are a first-time customer or someone who has been coming for months. In this role, you’ll ultimately be responsible for bringing the dream of Codeverse to life for hundreds of kids and parents that will enter the studio each week. In this role, you will:
- Own studio KPIs which include revenue, expenses, retention, customer satisfaction, incident reports, learning outcomes, and staff performance
Drive Results – Develop plans to meet targets for sales/membership sign-ups by working closely with VP of North America, sales, marketing, and operations teams
Leadership – lead the studio team of assistant managers, lead instructors, instructors, and assistant instructors including recruiting, hiring, training and scheduling
Implement Curriculum through staying abreast of the studio curriculum and support the delivery of new curriculum and act as a resource to other instructors
Performance Management- Manage employee happiness by being in great relationships with all team members.
Development – Manage career growth by ensuring clear communications are happening on the regular around goals, development plans and organizational opportunities.
Training- Ensure ongoing team success by coordinating training for studio team (with support from corporate) and assessing team performance on a regular basis
Transparency and Performance Reviews – Assess and manage the performance of entire team through in the moment coaching and feedback conversations as well as bi-annually performance evaluations.
Branding – Grow the Brand and Business by executing community outreach programs sand attending events
Connector – Be a champion for our brand and our business by building relationships within schools, local businesses, and other organizations within the community surrounding the studio
Policy Compliance – Ensure compliance with company policies as well as child safety and security protocols
Build Relationships and have Urgency – Get to know our customers and responding to queries or complaints in a professional manner
Operations/Processes –Oversee day-to-day operations including maintaining vendor relationships and liaising with Central team
Risk Management- Anything and everything which helps ensure the safety and happiness of kids and parents, and the smooth execution of each class experience
Our business is not like many others and requires a great deal of care to ensure the studio is running efficiently, customers are happy, and the rest of the staff is able to do their jobs effectively. The ideal studio manager is:
- Extremely passionate about our brand, mission, and product
- A self-starter who takes personal responsibility in all aspects of their role
- Has proven results in creating, communicating and enrolling a team in an execution strategy that drives results
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, process driven, thrives on structure while still able to handle ambiguous situations calmly
- Prides yourself in executing at a high level a predetermined instruction of process
- Great at communicating expectations and holding people accountable to their results and performance
- A natural, confident salesperson who can understand our product offerings and has proven ability to drive sales results
- Solution-focused when dealing with roadblocks that arise
- An excellent communicator who can speak to both kids and adults
- Emotionally resilient
- Ready and willing to learn new skills quickly
- Never gets tired of getting to know new people
- Excited to learn about and engage with new technology
- Has significant experience working with kids and running a business
- An excellent role model and mentor for students
- Is flexible and knows how to think on their feet
- Enjoys being part of a team
- Open to the startup mentality and excited to work in a fast paced environment
- Open to giving & receiving feedback at all times from your managers and your team.
- Embraces that we are always learning and growing. Be willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
- Represents the company values both at work and outside it
- Able to inspire and enroll a team
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- Loves technology and KIDS
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who is a great cultural fit for the team we’re building. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Our business is not like many others and requires a great deal of care to ensure the studio is running efficiently, customers are happy, and the rest of the staff is able to do their jobs effectively.