Thank you for your interest in Salem-Keizer Public Schools. You may express an interest in this position by using the ‘Apply for this Position’ button. All classified applicants are required to have either a high school diploma or GED.
Limited Term to June 10, 2020
Monday – Friday
Hours to be determined
Will work with Youth Transition Program (YTP)
The Youth Transition Program (YTP) Specialist serves as liaison between the school
district, Vocational Rehabilitation (VR), and the University of Oregon, for the purposes of increasing positive employment outcomes for students experiencing disabilities. Essential duties unique to a YTP Specialist include:
1. Identifying and referring Participants to VR; and, as necessary or as requesting by VR,
assisting VR in referring Participants to other employment related sources of assistance.
2. For each Participant, gathering and providing school documentation of disability, and
key informant information, and other relevant information that can be found in the
Participant’s Summary of Performance and/or IEP to assist VR in determining the
Participant’s eligibility for VR services and identifying the Participant’s vocational goals
3. Assist Participants in application with VR to acquire transportation in order to keep
appointments to assess their eligibility and determine their priority for services. Assist
with transportation for non-wait listed Participants in order to keep appointments to
access Independent Plan for Employment services.
4. Coordinate with VR and Participants for additional disability assessment or career
exploration activities needed to develop a Participant’s Individual Plan for Employment
5. Provide referral and access to individualized and group activities beyond the training or
resources that are available to the general Participant body. Examples include job clubs,
community-based work experience, work skill development, job coaching, community
mobility training, selection or enrollment in post-secondary training, arranging for longterm
6. Provide Follow-Up Activities for 12 months following Participant’s completion or
termination of campus based secondary schooling activities, to ensure access to needed
resources required for success in post-secondary training or employment.
7. Collect and report data to VR and University of Oregon YTP Technical Assistance Team to
document Participant progress toward completion of activities related to IEPs and
Individualized Plans for Employment.
8. Meet with Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor as requested by VR to provide updated
information on Participant progress and status of completion of secondary school,
employment, or post-secondary activities.
To apply and be given consideration you must have a complete application which includes the following:
Contact and EEO section
Enter all current and former jobs in the Employment History section
Three references in the Reference section
Complete Confidential Background Information
Classified Application Questions
Salem-Keizer School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.