- Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
- Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
- Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
- Assessing own learning and progressing toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Communicating effectively in personal and group settings.
- Contributing to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Effecting change and demonstrating flexibility and positive leadership.
- Acquiring and applying technology to working and learning.
Specific position responsibilities are assigned from the following:
Provide cross-functional customer service to students and other customers.
- Accurately process and enter student information related to admissions, registration, grades, course completions, drop/add forms, transcripts, etc., into database.
- Research and proactively assist students in solving problems. Follow up until problem is resolved and/or refer to appropriate staff when necessary.
- Provide financial/accounting record-keeping services.
- Prepare and send out invoices.
- Inventory, order, market, sell, and maintain stock (books, supplies, materials). Return unsold books and materials to vendor.
- Accurately enter financial information (purchase orders, accounts payable, petty cash checks, third party contracting information ) into database.
- Assist in payroll process.
Provide administrative support services to faculty and staff.
- Compose, prepare, edit/proofread, and distribute correspondence, minutes, reports, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet and/or database software.
- Design, develop, and update promotional brochures, flyers, forms, and other materials.
- Organize, establish and maintain electronic databases and paper filing systems.
- Assist in preparing and managing departmental and campus budgets.
- Prepare and process equipment bids and quotes.
- Assist in recruitment and selection process for new staff.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating location/campus events.
- Provide information and assistance to internal and external customers.
- Actively participate on campus, regional, college-wide, and state teams and committees.
- Provide specialized knowledge and training to other team members.
- Assist and serve as backup to other staff as needed.
- Develop and maintain procedures manual for position.
Posting Date: 06/12/2019
Testing Place: No applicant testing required for this position.
Closing Date: 7/12/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year: 52 weeks per year
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary Hiring Range: FY19 Wage Range Table Support and Technical Personnel Grade Level II Placement = $15.86 hour
Benefit Information: Health Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Long Term Disability Insurance
Sick Leave – Personal and Family
403b Tax Sheltered Annuity/Match
More detailed information online at https://www.witc.edu/about-witc/employment/benefits
To apply, visit https://witc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2598
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Student Services Assistant WITC Superior Campus (Full-Time/1950 hours/year)
Posting Number: 2010705
Position Type: Office & Technical Support
Department: Student Affairs
Applications are being accepted from qualified candidates for a full-time (1950 hours/year) Student Services Assistant at WITC Superior Campus. Job duties include but are not limited to answering the phone, supporting student registration, making appointments for members of student services, testing, working with new and continuing students that walk into student services and other varied duties.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
1. Two years related post-secondary education/training OR four years related work experience, OR a combination of related post-secondary training/education and work experience totaling four years.
2. Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of a computer, computer applications and software such as email, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
3. Ability to contribute to a team environment.
4. Strong customer service skills and ability to work well with students, staff and faculty.
5. Knowledge of current office practices and procedures and skill in their application.
6. Ability to be detail-oriented, well organized, to work independently on assigned tasks, and to work under pressure.
7. Ability to obtain driver’s license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
Sedentary: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing required only occasionally.